Used 2006 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Reviews - 178 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Five Hundred

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

love the car but hate the monthly visits
By mrscal

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 500 brand new and fell in love with it. My husband gave it to me for a Christmas present/baby gift. Car performed well when we had a collision later that year. Then the monthly visits began. The car has had a new blower motor installed, a ton of transmission work, three brake jobs, door repairs, interior repair, and now the radio has died. We also believe there is an electrical problem with the car the dealership has not located as of yet. I am ready to move this car on. Loved the car, but I hate the almost monthly dealership visits. I would not recommend this car nor any Ford product...and this coming from a former Ford fan.

The elevation of seats. The leather seats.

This car did not have enough pick up and go for me. I was use to driving a Mustang, and this car felt like a old car all the time. This car needs more horsepower.

my sweet ford =)
By Tiffaney

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my car about 2 weeks ago, and I absolutely love it. It's my first big investment, considering I'm 20 years old. I was previously driving a 2000 hyundai elantra, the transition was amazing! As soon as I sit my fanny in the seat I feel super safe. The breaks are wonderful, the interior, is B.E.A.UTIFUL. I don't know much about transmissions but the CVT transmission gives me a really smooth acceleration, no feeling of gears switching, the road sound is a very low hum, unlike the roar I heard in the hyundai. The only downfall to this vehicle is the gas mileage, I was under the impression that it did pretty well, in my brief experience I only get 21 mpg highway, and city.

The comfort of the seats, the controls on the wheel, acceleration... heck, all of it!!

More fuel efficient would be nice =) other than that. A+++ ford. I'm truly impressed.

Love my 2006 SEL FWD
By Topside

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my 2006 SEL FWD used, many miles on it, great condition. I can't believe what a great value it is. Leather, sunroof, CD, rides nice, handles very well. I must be getting old, I'm excited by a 4-door. But it's beautiful inside and out, black exterior with light tan leather, nicely done woodgrain trim. I'm in sales and wanted to buy American, but most American cars don't appeal to me. This one does, looks almost German, the VW Passat was clearly their benchmark, but with much better interior room. Too bad they dropped the Five Hundred name and went back to the Taurus. I would have never bought it if it was named Taurus - geez, I'm getting older, but I'm not dead yet.

I think Ford nailed it - looks, room, good handling, decent power, gets 28 mpg running with the fast traffic on the highway. Could use a touch more sound deadening, but I wouldn't want to sacrifice fuel economy or performance for quiet.

Others grouse about a lack of power and poor transmission. Push the pedal on the right. Yeah it roars a bit but launches just fine. And the 6-sp tranny does great under power (okay, it hunts a little in some situations, but it does have 6 to choose from).

Good Investment
By CB

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car 2 years ago. Had no problems. Looks great (black with black leather interior) Fully loaded.

Luxury look for midsize price. Navigation system, high seats, roomy interior seating and huge trunk space.

AC is set as the default for heat - should be the other way around. Better gas mileage and break system. Very poor stereo system. My grandson's radio speakers have better quality.

Love my 500
By JJRF

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had a great experience with this car. I got it new as a company car and bought it from the company when I left other than the recall on the brakes in the first year there has been no issues with this car. I live in the northeast and the car is great in the snow. (traction control) on the 2 wheel drive model has never left me stranded or feeling insecure on snowy or icy roads. I love this car! It has 80,000 miles on it and will run for another 100,000.

Seats are incredibly comfortable and with command seating you sit up higher than a car and lower than an SUV. I have driven this car as long as 12 hours in one day and never felt stiff or uncomfortable. The trunk is huge along with the living room size back seat. The sound system is excellent.

They should have kept the badge of 500 instead of converting it to the Taurus name.