Used 2006 Ford Five Hundred Consumer Reviews - 178 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

Pathetic!
By tsblack

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car an 06 SEL in 08. Had great miles on it and the car presented very well. Overall a great looking comfortable car. However it's all the cosmetic things that are ticking me off and now as of today I am getting a skipping occurence where the car is trying to hiccup?? going down the road. The engine light has now come on and we're going to be off to visit a mechanic soon. I'm not happy. Moreover, the driver's door keeps setting off an alarm that it's open when of course it's not going down a highway! and the car just frankly rides like crap. Very noisy ride. Won't do this again. Another let down from Ford.

Interior is nice and roomy. Exterior is very stylish and looks good.

Better components that represent the car's build. Obviously there are cheap parts behind the door panels, because I am once again having to track down leaks from inside the door panels on the back doors and the drivers door sensor continues to drive us crazy! I think the steering column needs to adjust more upward for a more conforming fit for taller drivers.

TRANSMISSION IS WACK
By condrabo

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Ford has had major problems with the transmissions in the 2005-2006 Ford 500's. The transmissions go out with as little as 30,000 miles on the vehicle. My car is no exception to the transmission issues. The car will "buck and jump" when passing or when slowing below 40 mph. I contacted Ford and their response was since the NHTSA hasn't forced a recall, there is nothing they can do to assist with the problem. Instead of being proactive, I suppose Ford will just wait until enough people have had their fill of problems and file class action lawsuits.

The car is roomy and comfortable, that is the only great thing about it.

Replace the transmissions with a more reliable, and newly designed model.

mpg
By joe z

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

I wrote a review awhile ago stating I was getting 20 mpg local droving, & mentioned I would write back when I go on a trip. Well to my surprise we averaged 29 mpg. not bad for an all wheel drive. very satisfied

cabinet and exterior design

engine noise

My Last Ford - EVER
By Carl D. Clark

2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The paint is coming apart on the leading edge of the hood, an obvious defect from the factory. The collision center manager at the dealer "confirmed" that it is a factory defect, and stated that ford is not standing up and warranting it. The dealer said it will cost $500 to repaint the hood and that they could not warranty the repair due to the problems with the aluminum hood. After contacting Ford Customer service I received a call from the dealer saying that they can get Ford to pay $200 of the $500 to repaint the hood. Today Ford Customer service said that this case is not closed. Never again.

My European sport sedan
By DMS

2006 Ford Five Hundred Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl CVT)

Oh man when I first saw the car I said what's a 500? A friend had to tell me about the old name plate and I remembered so when I traded in my 97 Olds Aurora I was so impressed with the 500 with the look and how it handled, cause I only care about performance and how a car handles and the look was Awesome,while most of my buddies bought 'European Cars' I bout a FORD FIVE HUNDRED AWD LIMITED,they were impressed also. haven't had any problems and I bought it used with 41,000 I just put brakes on and new tires on it.I just want it to be more sporty but the car is the best 'SPORT SEDAN''American I have had. My motto is "drive now, drive forever, drive Ford. Thanks Ford this is my first one.

My favorite features are the fog lights I have to have them in all my cars. the Leather seats love em, the Sunroof is off the chain, the way the wheels look it cleans up beautiful and I park it away from everyone. CVT my best friend loves and I do to, can't get stuck in the snow ever.

really nothing .I have found some aftermarket parts like a lip spoiler and air damn,wished it had duel exhaust and I'm going to make it a "S" model..