Used 1993 Ford F-250 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used F-250 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

It just won't stop

Richard, 10/20/2010
XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I love the power and braking, added try Y headers and it became a whole new engine and better mpg. I get 12 on the fwy and 9 in town. This is a daily driver that tows occasionally (10 mpg towing) and off roads on the weekend. Capt. chairs are good but armrests are to high for me (I am a tall guy). Got the manual shifted transfer case so the solenoid wouldn't fail me in the mud (experience from the dealership I worked at). Installed manual locking 4x4 hubs. I have had this truck airborne off roading before and broke steering box but was still able to drive home and then to work to put new one in. I have never messed with the A/C system and it still blows cold, not so great in southern California traffic.

This is a great old truck!

articfox687, 03/12/2008
XL 2dr Extended Cab LB

I bought this truck after a fleet retired it at 115k. It pulled a 14,000lb trailer every day before I bought it. I did have to rebuild the trans at 190k. But nothing else. I have the peppy 5.8L, and at 255k it will still pull a full size van on the trailer at 65mph and not slow on the hills. MPG 14-16, no matter what. The body is rusty now but from the drivers seat the truck still feels new. I love my big white beast. Way better truck that my '02 c2500 Chevy. I only wish Ford still made this exact truck!

Ok Truck

reallyachevyguy, 05/28/2004
XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought it used with 58k mi on it.It's been a pretty good on so far.But it does get LOUSY gas mileage. Between 7-10mpg empty. And the power I expected from the 460 wasn't quite there. But it does ok..think an aftermarket ignition is a must soon to help it out. Put a K&N filter and 3" single flowmaster on it and got some improvement. Definately get the front add-a-leaf...will save tires and improve the handling.

big block gas hog

big johnson, 09/15/2006
XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

The truck is great. The mileage is lousy but it makes up for it in the power and torque.

Poor Gas Mileage

rayvjr43, 05/06/2004
XL 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

It's a very nice truck. It's dependable, plenty of power, looks nice in and out. Mine has a 460 cubic inch engine, I am only getting 6 miles per gallon, I would Like to know if anyone knows what mpg this truck , with a 460 ci engine, and 4 speed auto trans got when new? Very happy with the truck other than gas mileage.