Used 2019 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews

Used F-150 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...19

Pros
Cons
2 out of 5 stars

10 speed transmission are junk

DAN, 05/07/2019
Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 10A)

This is my Ford new F-150 red 2019 Lariat. The three thousand miles I've had it in the shop 3 times for transmissions issues. Last weekend it started pouring transmission fluid all over the place. Back in the shop again. Poor gas mileage go to the inconsistent shifting. Logging into overdrive hard downshifting. Also there is a squeak or chirp sound coming from the engine this is the 5.0 coyote Ford says it is a timing chain tensioner and they're working on a repair so who knows how long it will be until it's fixed. I wish I would not have traded in my 2015 with a 6-speed transmission. Don't take my word for it look at the forumns that are out there on these Transmissions. Ford is keeping quiet about these issues for now the F-150 is a bread-and-butter so I know they are not going to issue a recall until it becomes had a massive issue. I've never been so disappointed in Ford if it comes down to run by in this truck back I don't know if I will ever get another Ford would I have been a loyal Ford owner for 30 years such a huge disappointment

10 Transmission Trouble

Rick, 08/08/2019
XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

If buying a F-150 try to buy low mile with a 6 speed transmission. I have a 2019 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost 1,275 miles on it first transmission was noisy grinding noise there was metal flakes in transmission pan. Got a new transmission installed and on the way home ( 20 miles ). It did not shift right and overheated ,the whole underneath of the truck and tail gate dripping transmission fluid so I called roadside assistance the truck is back at the dealership but they are not sure what is wrong. Without a truck again they are having trouble with this 10 speed transmission.

1 out of 5 stars

Replacement for Tacoma

Richard, 06/20/2019
XL 2dr Regular Cab 6.5 ft. SB (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I needed a new truck as my 2001 Tacoma was starting to get tired at 220k. Wanted a regular cab shortbed truck as it’s usually just me in the cab and I haul smaller loads (building materials, furniture, motorcycles.). Other than being gigantic compared to my Toyota, I love this thing. Great daily driver for commuting to work as well as making longer trips. Went with standard 3.3 V6 and getting better mileage than my old truck. It’s not fast but it’s powerful enough the way I use it. Very happy.

6 Days and Already Left Stranded

J. Montague, 07/05/2019
XL 4dr SuperCab 6.5 ft. SB (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

I will give an honest review of both Ford, and our 2019 F150 which we purchased 6 days ago with 17 miles on the odometer. The ride of these are nice, and for those looking for a Full-Size, conventional Ext. Cab from the,"Big Three" Ford is your only choice now. The truck did gives us decent mileage for what little bit we have had it, but on our way from Buffalo, NY to Pittsburgh, PA. we stopped at a rest area, and after returning we go in the truck, and it would not start, service charging system came on, and it wouldn't turn over, at all. Called Ford Roadside, it took them over 2.5hrs to send some idiot with a jumper box in a rusted out Colorado to come out, and after his jumpstart failed he started looking up How-To's on YouTube! Really Ford, that's the best person you could find? He had no luck... Mind you its 90⁰ in the hot sun, and I'm missing a MLB game because of this... Called Ford Roadside again, they said they'd tow it to the nearest dealer. Took the wrecker operator another 1.5hrs to show up, by the time we got to the dealership it was 25 minutes before they closed, the wouldn't give us a rental, they called Enterprise and they didn't have any. So they all closed up shop 15 minutes early, didn't even off us a ride to a hotel so they could look at it Friday July 5th (This was on Wednesday.) and they wave at us after they get in their cars as we're sitting on the tailgate, empty handed, 100 miles from home, no water, anything. They expected us to sit in their lot until Friday. Called AAA to have it towed to the dealer I bought it at, which is where it is currently sitting, that took am additional 2hrs of waiting, and called Corporate to complain about the situation. In all honesty a $40,000 truck shouldn't break down within the first 300 miles, that's utterly ridiculous, and when I told Ford what had happened, and how their franchisees expected us to sleep in my truck, they didn't say a word, didn't even back their product. It's really ashame how these American car makers treat their customers, after this, I don't think I will be buying another Ford, or domestic brand. If you want a truck, get a Toyota, they back their product. If you want a car or small SUV, get a Subaru, and once again, you'll find they back their products well, and both brands get REPEAT CUSTOMERS SINCE THEY BACK THEIR BRANDS!

1 out of 5 stars

Transmission problems

Tom, 04/14/2020
XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 10A)

I bought a 2019 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.0L 27,000 miles on it. Got it home and the transmission started knocking and wouldn’t shift at all once I was at about 5,000 rpm in 4th gear it finally shifted. I hear rattling and knocking coming from it. Hard shifts in 3,5,8th gear. Mainly 3rd gear is the worst. I wish I would’ve kept my 2017 6 speed f-150. Oh I’ve been to the dealer twice no help there. I guess I’ll get a Toyota next. Before my warranty expires. Take it from all of us. The 10 speed transmission is garbage 🗑. And it makes the 5.0 L feel weak. No get up and go. My 2008 has more torque. This truck can’t even get out of its on way, its sad what ford has done!

12345...19