Used 2011 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Great Little Truck
By James Cecil

2011 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I love everything.
There is only one reason I would sell my truck,,,,,,
It is too high off the ground for this old man with disabilities.
I have since sold my Ford F150 and am now driving a little POS.
I will drive it till I can find me a low down Ford F150. Haha

there are some issues
By Tim

2011 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 8 ft. LB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

From the get go... the brakes (front) have a shimmy when braking. This is a problem Ford knows about, but disavows knowledge of it while under warranty. After warranty, Oh you have a problem, that you need new rotors and pads. DUH ? But I still do like this sled. 8 foot bed is better than 6.5' or 5.5'.
As you can see from the mileage it doesn't get much driving. I purchased it to drive around the USA. Which I did, 9000 miles the first two months that I had it. If it had air-ride, I'd keep it forever.
My neurologist told me that I have to buy a van, now I that I use a wheelchair, but I keep resisting. I really do like this truck, it's me.

Good,basic work truck!
By hurren

2011 Ford F-150 Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside 8 ft. LB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

#1.
Bought this truck for my property services business and never looked back.Great gas mileage,good size,always starts,air blows cold.I had to beef up the rear springs to carry the loads.

The vinyl seats are great,the Transmission keeps the rev's low on the highway,the engine has more than enough power for me!

Hollow out the armrest,beef up the rear and enlarge the fuel tank.

Amazing Truck
By joe1955

The truck was purchased new and now has 7,700 miles. The amazing features of this truck are its efficiency and power. Average mpg is 22.5 combined city and highway. Highway mileage has hit 26.2 mpg.
Although the truck is a basic work-truck model, getting the 8 foot bed was well worth it ($300 extra), and so was the premium sound system.
The ride is very smooth and the cabin is quiet.
We traded in a PT-Cruiser for this truck, and the mileage is nearly identical, but the power is much greater.
The truck is amazing.

Fuel efficiency. Power. Sound system. Eight-foot bed. Ground clearance.

None.

A++++ For the 2011 F-150
By riflecrank

I'm averaging 21.7 MPG with the new 3.7 V6. The engine has plenty of power for what I'm using it for.
Truck has been trouble free so far. The ride is good, quiet and handling is excellent.

Auto headlights, 6 speed trans, the Sound system is good for a factory radio.

The SYNC Voice recognition system needs alot of improvement. Can be very annoying. Doesn't like my voice apparently. I have over 60 Albums of music stored on my Cell Phone. Being able to plug the USB cable in and access the music is a very nice feature. I don't think I'll ever use the CD Player. The hands free Bluetooth works great.