Used 1998 Ford F-150 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used F-150 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

10 years of excellent service

kcokc, 05/09/2008
XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought new in August 98. XL 4.2 V6, 5- speed 3.55 axle, with XLT interior. TX/OK package. Reliability - one of the best vehicles I've owned. Never had a breakdown, only real repair was replacement of turn signal switch. Good power for a 6 cylinder, have towed way more than recommended limit for short distances. Only complaint is fuel economy (lack of). 15-16 MPG in urban driving, 20 on highway cruise at interstate speed. Owned two Chevy p/u's before, this F150 is better truck by far for a work vehicle/tough truck. Chevy's were more confortable, more economical to drive. Gonna miss the old ford when it goes to a new owner shortly. First Ford, was great choice!

Great 4x4

tommy, 11/12/2007
XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck on 1/2002 with 41K miles now 11/07 it has 71K. It has been an awesome 4x4. Repairs have been an alternator replacement, 2 rear axel seals and some O2 sensors plus normal maintenace. Just took a 3k mile road trip and fuel on the 4.6L v-8 w/w automatic trans ranged from 16-20 mpg at nominal 70 mph interstate driving. Ride is very plush compared to my old 89 F250 4x4. Mine also has the off road package w/w limited slip rear axel which is a great option on off road applications. I replaced the OEM battery this year after 9 yrs! The 4.6 liter V8 is more than enough power for my driving

ford tought

GUNN, 03/11/2002
XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

It has been the most relable vechile I have ever owned.

98 F 150

rpr, 11/29/2004
2dr Regular Cab SB

Factory Quality Rebuilt engine required after one year. Left windshield wiper refuses to clean window properly. Premature tie-rod repair. Lifter noise unless premium gas used.

Hello fellow Fordeneirs

Daniel, 07/23/2008
XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought the truck with 169,820. I put about 4200 mi on it since may 08. Gets about 20 hwy 15 cty, always starts, it's very peppy. I put a cherrybomb on it and eventually I will put 265/75/16 on a 2wd. I hoping it'll pay off in the winter. All in all great truck to own!