Used 1997 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews

Used F-150 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...26

Pros
Cons

Miss Mexico

missmexico, 05/26/2013
Lariat 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

(xlt 2wd flare side 4.6 v8 4sp automatic ) Bought new in 97; love her. Did have problem with a blockage in oil pan that caused the engine to lock up around 90k mi. (factory fluke) Ford was a dick about it, but has still been good truck. She has had her share of small problem from parts breaking from old age. The transmission sucks and has now power in 2nd and I wish I could change that, but still going with around 200000 miles on her. Truck gets around 14.5 in city and 17.5 on highway. She got rear ended on may 8th, totaled, or I would driver her into the ground. Not a fan of the gas mileage, but would take her over another truck.

A great full size truck

Daniel, 05/17/2016
XLT 3dr Extended Cab LB

I went to ford and don't see myself going back! 4.6 liter engine in this truck sounds great and is known to be a famous engine. Interior and quality surpasses the Chevy products I've had. Very smooth ride and well worth getting an older model to save a little money. The 4.2 v6 and 5.4 v8 are also available, but I have heard they had more frequent problems than the 4.6. Then again you mainly read reviews from only Unsatisfied buys.

Fantastic Vehicle

Mark, 01/26/2016
Lariat 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

My Father bought this pickup, brand new, in 1997. Since then the only repairs we have needed to do are basic maintenance, brakes, oil changes, air filters, so on and so forth. Lucky for me, he handed it down to me free of charge about a year ago (late 2014) with 125,000 miles on it. It now has 150,000 miles on it, which isn't a lot but I have a very heavy foot and the v-8 sounds great and pushes the truck forward with a lot of force. Not having 4-wheel drive in the winter can be annoying but it still gets me where I'm going.

a truck that ca ntake a beating but keep on ticking

jbscrappy, 12/07/2012
XLT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD Stepside SB

i got the 1997 ford f-150 with the 5.4 V-8 with a milage meter on in it that has rolled over twice and now sitting at over 290 thousand been threw hell an back but still keeps on goin with only a new belts a battery alternator regular oil changes an trans fluid this truck is one of the best trucks on the road to date even with it's flaws due to being old and high milage

Good American Product

hydropump, 10/07/2006
XLT 3dr Extended Cab SB

Good experience, drives easily. Minor problems recently with "fault light" erratic turn on/off. No material structural problems. Normal tire wear. No alignment problems. This is my most recent Ford and much better service than 1988 and 1978 similar versions.

12345...26