Used 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Explorer Sport Trac model:

I love my sport trac
By Richard

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT from Jazzy Jalopies in Quitman, Texas. The dealer was very fair and courteous. I love all aspects of the vehicle with the exception of gas mileage. I actually have not given it a fair trial yet as I have not really been on a long trip in the truck yet. I drove to a city 50 miles away and on the complete round trip I got approximately 17.3 mpg. I thought I would get better. It may actually get better on a long trip.

Very pleased with this pickup
By William Jaques

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab AWD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Very pleased with this pickup , more miles than I wanted, has some rust I need to have taken care of. Like the ride , handles well for a pickup. It is an 08 can't expect the feeling of a new one . But over all , I believe I will keep it .

Best vehicle I've owned for the last 20OK+ miles!
By Luvsthelake

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best and most reliable vehicle I have ever owened. I have been dilligent about oile changes every 4K miles and it get excatly the same mileage, has the same performance and for the most part the same appearance as it did when it was new. Furhtermore, most of the mileage has been in relativley heavy traffic in Metro Atlanta yet I anticipate another 100K flawless miles before I pass it on. Sadly, there is still nothing on the market that competes with it in this size range.

Ford made this vehicle bland
By jahfre

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab Limited 4dr Crew Cab (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a Sport Trac in 2001 and drove it for 9 years, putting 260,000 miles on it over the period.
That truck was special. Little details and features were well designed and useful...from the tie-down cleats on the bed to the 'bump' feature on the rear sliding window. Dozens of things made those early model year Sport Trac attractive.

When I finally wore out the first one I ran to the dealership to get another one. UGH. It is a totally different vehicle...so much worse in so many ways I cannot go into all of them.

I use mine to haul rocks, firewood, gravel, etc. The bed was not designed to be used for these things. Awful.

Handling and performance. It feels heavy and lumbering on winding mountain roads where I live compared to the 2001 I had but it does drive nice around suburban neighborhoods and on highways.

Too late.

Primary Vehicle
By J. Hines

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Pretty much satisfied with the vehicle. Only drawbacks are fuel economy, of which I am getting close to 18 mpg around town, and the tire pressure indicator keeps going off. Have had 2 dealerships look at the tire pressure indicator but no solution yet.

View from drivers seat, comfort, handling

Better location and quality workmanship of cup holders, overhead console storage compartments, and arm rest storage compartment.