2018 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

2018 Edge Titanium AWD
By Will

2018 Ford Edge SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First of all, this is a GREAT SUV. I looked all over and compared multiple SUVs for several months before making my decision. Once I finally decided on the Edge, I found a nearby Ford Dealer and special ordered one. The reason I special ordered was I wanted litterally EVERY option available, in the exact color I wanted. I got the Titanium Model with Magnetic Grey exterior, Ebony Leather interior, 302A package, AWD, opted for the 2.0 EcoBoost vs. the V6 (the V6 is old school), trailer tow package with hitch, cold weather package, 20" wheels with grey pockets and the cargo accessory package. EVERYTHING! Waited about 8+ weeks for its arrival. Now, 3 months later I have not been dissapointed! The Edge drives great, smooth and very quiet , and with the 2.0 EcoBoost has decent acceleration. It's not going to break loose and spin the tires from a stop light, but it is not meant to do that. The AWD system helps to keep the vehicle planted very well during the recent heavy rains we have had where I live. Honestly, I would not have any SUV without AWD...I think it's a necessity for such a vehicle! The adaptive cruise control, BLIS Blind Spot Warning and the Lane Keeping Assist work very well. One complaint, I wish the BLIS Blind Spot Warning had some sort of Audible alert in addition to the light in the mirror...bad omission by Ford!! Most other makers have a sound in addition to the light. The Automatic Wipers are annoying at best, but I had those on a previous car and they were annoying also...its not a Ford issue. I really like the SYNC 3 system too, though it can be a bit limited in its performance. It has Adaptive Steering as well, which changes the steering ratio constantly. Takes some getting used to, but actually makes it handle better...very tight steering compared to just the regular steering. I have only had the Edge for a bit less than 3 months now, so the overall reliability is still unknown...so far so good though.

I made a huge mistake!
By Cara

2018 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is basic, WAY too basic for $36000! I can't even pair my phone. The auto stop/start switch just randomly turns off and on at will. It has no power. I am stuck with a car that has way less technology than the 2013 escape I traded in.

Super Comfy, No Pep
By John “Tito” Santana

2018 Ford Edge SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My family (me, my wife, and kids 13 yo and 15 yo) rented a 2018 Titanium FWD Edge for a weeklong vacation in Orlando. The vehicle had about 23,000 miles on it and we only added about 100 to it.

I think that the Edmund’s review pretty well nailed this vehicle. The seats are super comfortable and the ride is very smooth. The vented seats did a great job of cooling. Road and wind noise are minimal, as is vibration. The navigation system was intuitive and easy to use and worked flawlessly for us. We didn’t use the Bluetooth phone connection since it was a rental, so I cannot comment on that.

My biggest gripe with this vehicle is the lack of punch when you need it. I’m sure I really ticked a few drivers off on the interstate. Changing lanes into a faster lane was bad. Punch the accelerator and there is a good 2 second delay. Once the turbos kick in it takes off, but the lag is so bad that you cannot make the transition before most drivers in the faster lane close the gap on you, forcing them to have to brake and then accelerate back up. The vehicle performed fine in normal driving situations aside from the acceleration lag.

I have an EcoBoost F-150 (3.5 L) and it accelerates so well. There is no real lag compared to this 2.0 L engine. My other comparison is our 2014 Highlander Platinum. It has a standard 3.5 L V6 and has good acceleration and overall engine performance. We purchased that vehicle new and have 95,000 miles on it. The ventilated seats in the Edge are far superior as is the seat comfort and ride comfort. The Highlander handles better. The Edge didn’t have all the added safety features like blind spot monitoring which should be standard on the Titanium trim. These systems work well on our Highlander (except auto dim headlamps). The Highlander seems to have more functional space with the third row down, but the Edge was fine for 4 carryons and one large duffel bag.

Overall the vehicle was pretty nice, I would purchase it for my kid. However I couldn’t tolerate the lag of acceleration for it to be our family vehicle.

But it won't scratch your back when you itch
By Jeff Wieler

2018 Ford Edge SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Edge has everything you could ever want in a car. It's roomy, and it's eye-catching. The autopark feature will parallel park you in spaces you would never have tried. The sound system is solid. I enjoy playing my Pandora favorites on long trips. The turbo-6 is powerful. Changing lanes is a breeze with blind spot warnings. If you are on cruise control and the car ahead of you brakes, the edge will brake for you. I've had mine for a week, and it's good around town and comfortable on long drives.

Awesome SUV!
By L. Lewis

2018 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have the SEL with the optional V6. It makes great power. I have the optional 8" screen with the safety package, awesome! With the SYNC3 you can use your smartphone with Waze as navigation on the 8" screen, so no need to buy the navigation. The gas mileage is fantastic for an SUV, 20.1mpg around town. This by far the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned!