2017 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Interesting ride
By K

2017 Ford Edge Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I’m renting a 2017 Ford Edge. I like it overall. The ride is smooth. The acceleration is alright - I think it would be great as a6 cylinder. I love the interior and it’s features. Love the panaramic moon roof. Love the big vents in the cabin. There’s enough charging ports for the entire family. The trunk is large. The backseats is super roomy for my tall kids. Very comfortable overall. My kids fall asleep ASAP in this car. Omg! I love the blind spot assist!!!—- dislikes: touch screen is just not my preference. I feel so unsafe trying to touch the screen and drive at the same time. Bluetooth can’t seem to pick up my text messages. Cabin noise- it’s noisy at 50mph or greater.

Overall pretty comfortable
By Lucy Lou

2017 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Like others I drove many suvs before I bought my Edge. I had a Toyota Highlander on lease that I liked but couldn’t justify the cost of paying to keep a 2 year old car, plus the seats were very uncomfortable...I was going to settle for a Honda CR-V after driving probably 6 different small to medium suvs. My main goal was to be comfortable driving and not feel every bump...to duplicate the highlanders ride without spending a ton of $$. On impulse we decided why not a Ford...I had Toyota’s for the last 12 years, and they just aren’t comfortable to sit in...I drove the Edge, and was like Wow!! Very nice ride!! Only two negatives...not great acceleration...and both front doors stick, which bothers my husband more than me...not sure if dealer could fix it, since I forgot to mention it. Funny enough, this is my second Ford, first one a Ford Taurus, 1995 I think, and I loved that car too..

Jim’s review of his 2017 Edge
By Jim

2017 Ford Edge Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned a 2017 Edge and it has a nasty rattle in the dash. Various dealers are unable to find it. I will try once more and then I will replace it. I don’t think it will be another Ford.

2017 Ford Edge Sport One Year Review
By JD Pompano

2017 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I compared many SUV's in this class including luxury Mercedes GLC 300 and Audi Q5 and equipped as the Edge Sport would be well over $50K. Looked closely at the new VW Tiguan and Atlas and felt both were underpowered compared with the Edge Sport. After one year I have not had any problems, just normal maintenance oil change, fuel economy in the city has been 17 and on the highway 25 mpg, so for the power of the 2.7L Turbo V6 this seems very good, I would expect better mileage with the new transmission in the 2018, engine runs perfectly on regular gas and I see no change if I switch to higher octane. I negotiated a reasonable deal with Ford dealer and kept the SUV fully equipped around $42K not including tax and fees. I had no trade in and pre-approved credit from USAA, so that also helped keep price down.

Front seats are way to narrow
By Atlasman

2017 Ford Edge Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I’m not massively obese I’m 6’0 and 250 pds. The front seat is about 4-5 inches too narrow for me to be comfy. I liked the rig other than that point