Used 2010 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Absolutely Wonderful Car
By Doc

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car new and have had it for almost 10 years. To date, I have had NO mechanical problems and only normal maintenance of brakes, tires, etc. The space behind the rear seats is wide enough for golf clubs and most other things I carry and the drop down rear seats provide ample storage and hauling space. The car is fairly low mileage, +/- 70,000 miles, but I have no intent to trade this car in anytime soon. I do routine things like oil changes, tire rotations, etc regularly, and it has paid off in superior reliability. GREAT CAR.

Great Find for the Price .
By Randall Lowe

2010 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My SE Edge is the first Ford i owned and i love it . Drives and feels good . Had to replace the Front Breaks and rotors . No big deal for 73 , 000 miles on it Great gas mileage 27 mpg on highway . Roomy , I am a big man and i can get in and out of the Edge very easy . I would buy this car again . No more G.M. ! They are slipping badly on recalls all the time The Edge didn't have that many recalls on it . I like the New Ford Trucks but i will stick with my Edge for now . I like it a lot and will take many trips Up north in Michigan this year 400 mile round trips . I trust this car to do that .

Beware!
By Jeff E

2010 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2010 Ford Edge, kept up with normal maintenance and at 65K miles had a water pump failure. Normally not a big deal BUT Ford designed the Duratec 3.5L motor with an internal water pump driven by the timing belt (really poor design) so when the water pump fails it dumps your coolant into the motor crank case and your motor also fails! $5000 repair bill for a WATER PUMP FAILURE! While I was at Ford there was a Ford Flex (same motor) there with same problem at 74K miles! POOR DESIGN! BUYER BEWARE!

Not EDGY but great!
By William Craffey

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is our second Edge, it is an AWD Limited and we purchased it new 8 years ago. The reliability has been exceptional, it has required only 3 warranty repairs in 7 years , the compass, a wheel bearing and the blender on the A/C (we purchased the extended) and 1 battery. We still have the original tires (still good) and brakes after 68.000 miles. It still rides and drives very well (no squeaks or rattles), everything works perfectly. It handles outstandingly well in the mountains even in rain and snow. my only complaint is the tires are noisy and the transmission is sometimes slow to downshift and upshift, but nevertheless, it has been totally reliable. It is a great vehicle and is the reason we purchased a 2013 F-150 which has required no repairs or expenses in 56,000 miles.

LOOKING TO PURCHASE A STYLISH FORD EDGE? DO IT!!
By savannahcmise

2010 Ford Edge Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This has been my all-time favorite vehicle. The ride is smoother than the Lincoln MKX (basically the exact same car with a more costly price tag). I purchased my 2010 Ford Edge Limited AWD used, in 2017, yes I purchased a 7 year old vehicle and I am damn proud of it! The car is so stylish and throughout the years the models haven't been changed all that much appearance wise, so I look like I'm driving a newer car! My car won't look old or outdated for a long time. I paid $13,500 (including taxes, title, fees). The leather is of excellent quality. Every fixture and or mechanical mechanism is. I love the heated leather seats and the climate control (which can be adjusted separately for both the driver and front seat passenger), both air and heat work very quickly and are very cold & hot. I have the heated mirrors which are so helpful. The windows are very large, you do not have to worry about blind-spots in this beauty! This brings me to the safety features, the blind side mirrors being my absolute favorite. I love the backup assist also, although sometimes that sensor can be too careful, only meaning that it will alert me if I am nearing a curb by about 2 ft. The sensor beeps faster the closer you come to an object, which is very helpful if you're really trying to push it. This vehicle handles the best of any vehicle I've ever owned, or have driven for that matter. To compare, I went from a Toyota Yaris Sedan, a very reliable car to my Ford Edge. Before that I owned a Toyota Camry, and a Suburu Legacy (which had nothing but problems with engine and transmission). The Ford Edge sits up high which I love, it makes me feel very safe. I purchased this vehicle, used with just about 80,000 miles on it. I've put 7k-8k miles on it in the 2 months I've had it and it still runs like a dream, the only thing I've had to repair or replace was my serpentine belt right at the 2 month mark, which cost less than $100 to repair. I've been quoted parts that I'll need to replace in the future such as brakes, which will cost about $85 just in parts, for all 4 at the highest grade O'Rielly's Auto Parts has to offer. I paid that same amount to replace all of the brakes on my little Toyota Yaris and those were the cheapest available, so you could say I was pleasantly surprised this vehicle does not require buckets of money for regular maintenance. I have to be honest I have not yet figured what MPG I am getting, I can say it takes about $35 to fill her up at $2.15/gallon where I am, and I fill up once a week. I do drive quite a bit and for me I do NOT think it's a gas hog. When I pay this baby off I WILL absolutely be upgrading to a newer, used Ford Edge. If you're looking into purchasing one of these, you should!!