2016 Ford C-Max Energi Wagon Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford C-Max Energi Wagon - Consumer Reviews

SEL 2.0L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (11 reviews )

2016 Ford C-Max Energi SEL
By D. R. Bostick

2016 Ford C-Max Energi Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The IRS Website states that the 2016 Ford C-Max Energi gets a $4,007 tax credit if you meet defined conditions.

Great City Car
By Bill Dannevik

2016 Ford C-Max Energi Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

With careful city driving you can get 120 MOG of gas use.

cmaxenergo
By Dennis Owens

2016 Ford C-Max Energi Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Really enjoyable for a hybrid
By Jason Gold

2016 Ford C-Max Energi Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

A few weeks ago, I traded in my 10 year old BMW Z4 3.0si for the C-Max Energi with the higher trim level. The C-Max Energi is not the Z4. This will never be the impractical joy that my Z4 is to drive. But, the Z4 isn't the competition. The Prius is. So, I drove my friend's Prius last night. The C-Max really out shines it. The C-Max has more acceleration, better road feel, a better quality interior, more comfortable seats, and a nicer info-entertainment center than the Toyota. I learned how to drive a hybrid for mileage on a Ford Escape Hybrid (I love the Escape - 250K miles and only $2500 in repairs, and it tows 3,500 lbs). It taught me how to get good mileage in a hybrid. When driving easy around town with acceleration and braking which makes anyone following turn tomato red, I get around 50 mpg in straight hybrid mode. On the freeway, I get mid-30s to low 40s. With the car drawing on the big battery in pure electric mode, I get far better mileage. I drive with Lyft and Uber for some extra cash and have had people comment on how spacious the car is for a small vehicle and how comfortable the seats are. Another commented on how well the Bluetooth phone sounded. Several people have been thrilled and excited by the automatic parking system. With the federal and state money, combined with the rebate Ford offered and the deal I got from my local Ford dealer, I'm paying as little for this as I would for a base Honda Accord. Compared to the Z4, this is making the payments with gas and insurance savings and functionality. I'll still miss the Z4. But, this is much easier to get in and out of.

C-Max Energi
By Keith

2016 Ford C-Max Energi Wagon SEL 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Went from the Civic Hybrid to the C-Max and WOW what a difference, not just in the EV mode, but in every aspect. I loved the Civic, but so far the C-Max has outdone it in every way. Full EV to work and half way back and in the past 1.5 months I have used only half a tank. It has unexpected power and I would consider it to be somewhat of a luxury vehicle, since it came with every option, except auto park. Both my wife and I love it and it was a great choice, especially since the Prius has gone a bit overboard on its styling and who isn't sick of seeing a grey Prius everywhere. Cargo space is the only downfall.