Used 2013 FIAT 500e Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 FIAT 500e Hatchback Consumer Reviews

Battery Electric 0-cyl. Electric 1-speed Direct Drive - (8 reviews )

Peppy car with an excellent MPGe
By RT2

2013 FIAT 500e Hatchback Battery Electric 2dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Great local commute car and for local errands.

My first used car!
By Jim

2013 FIAT 500e Hatchback Battery Electric 2dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I have always purchased new vehicles so was quite concerned buying a used lease vehicle made by Fiat. But after a six months I am impressed with this little electric car! I decided to investigate leasing an electric while idling my V-8 in commute traffic, and ended up buying this Fiat. With the gas and bridge toll savings this used car will pay for itself in about 5 years, plus reduced wear and maintenance on my Jeep. The biggest downside so far is the lack of Fiat service centers.

Style is Electrifying
By Kirk S

2013 FIAT 500e Hatchback Battery Electric 2dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I love the looks and handling. This would make an awesome commuting car; however it would be a little tight for passengers in the back seats. The typical downsides are minimal range (<100 miles), and takes at least four hours to charge from 'empty.'

Great fun zero emissions from Italy/Detroit/Mexico
By jahbro

2013 FIAT 500e Hatchback Battery Electric 2dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I've had my 500e for a little over 2 years now and still love it. I have a 50 mi commute every work day and probably average another 50 mi each Sat and Sun, in general, and I pay pennies to drive this thing. I charge a mix of at home and at work (free at work from solar unit). I average about 80 miles per charge, but that's because I drive quite hard in my commute, usually going 75-80 mph. When I'm not commuting usually see about 100 miles per charge. The only thing I wish it had was a DC fast charge option, but otherwise very happy with it. Another 50 miles of range wouldn't be a bad thing either! But I'm not complaining, overall quite happy. I've only been "stuck" twice and both times I was a block from home and just pushed it into my driveway. When it gets to 0% state of charge, it pretty much means it, you've got about 1 mile left at that point. Also, love burning rubber from a stop, it's very easy to do, and it's funny because there's no engine sound, just the whirring of the electric motor and the squealing tires. Very funny. I also have a Fiat Abarth which I use on long trips and for fun mountain driving, and the e definitely feels a bit different with all the weight down low, it feels quite planted and Mercedes like (not that the Abarth isn't planted enough).

Go dog Go! 500e is fun!
By johnnymo1

2013 FIAT 500e Hatchback Battery Electric 2dr Hatchback (electric DD)

1500 miles on my 500e. Lease $200 month. $2500 total down, $2500 rebate from state of CA. Aero environment 220 charger installed today compliments of State of CA. Est monthly fuel cost to drive 1000 miles approx $35 per SMUD utility rep. 500e total car expenditure less than gas and routine maintenance alone on my MB C230...like winning a free car in a contest. Enough ACCT 101. This little thing is pretty fun. Very spunky and quick off the line. Easily separates from ICE cars off green lights. Great around town car or 2nd car. I drove it 95 miles very gently today and had 10% charge left.
Update 35000 miles still having fun..range is about 85-90 miles now..
Although mountain travel or heavy rain can really diminishes range...
King of the road in stop light to stop light around town stuff...not so fabulous on the freeway...real cost to operate was about $20 per month at special utility rate offered..no regular maintenance to speak of just keep the tires correctly pressurized.