Used 2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Mitsubishi!!!!!! (that's what it is)
By Millard B. Fillmore

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car (2 dr coupe) is actually a Mitsubishi Eclipse in Dodge clothing. Most of the parts are not interchangeable with the crappy 4 door sedan. My only complaints are that it is LOOOOW to the ground which makes it a little tough to get in and out of for people of a certain age. The other complaint is the turning radius is fairly big for a small car. It has a whopping 120 hp 4 cylinder engine, but I get a consistant 32 highway miles per gallon. Want to go fast? Sure, once you're there it handles great, but is a little lazy with an auto transmission getting there. Not terrible though. No other complaints, and I like the way it looks. I bought it from ther original owners (an older couple) for $750 because they thought it was "too hard to get in and out of"....it is, sorta. I had to replace the battery ($100) and front rotors ($63 for the pair) since it had sat for a year. Score!!!!!!

A Great Purchase
By mason_mm

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 5th car in 3 years; needless to say, I have terrible luck with cars. However, this puppy was the best decision I've ever made with cars. The engine has good get up and go, the clutch is pleasantly shallow and the performance overall is great for a 4-cyl. The interior is great- the special edition with 2-tone leather is a great touch. The exterior design is the best Dodge/Chrysler had done in a long time, and I dont think any of their newer vehicles even look as good. If they still made these, I would buy one again and again.

4-disc CD player, comfortable seats, good gas mileage

Better key fob (panic button is too easily hit on accident), cleaner engine set up in engine bay (get dirty and pitted rather easily)

An excellent American car!
By leprof

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have driven this car since I drove it off the lot in Oct. 2005. A former rental car, it had a couple stains in the back seat and around 27k miles on it. Since then I have driven it around 80k miles with no problems at all whatsoever except regular maintenance. One bit of advice - be careful of curbs and potholes because I have ruined some tires/control arms doing this. It is quite low to the ground. Having been told "don't buy American" I was hesitant to buy it, but I am so pleased with this car! I will drive it until it dies.

4-disc in-dash CD player with awesome sound. Fun to drive - drives like a sports car.

Seat comfort.

Love At First Sight!
By liber_jr

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I recently bought my first car, a 2005 Dodge Stratus R/T coupe (No Automatic Option On Website) with the 4 speed auto with the auto-stick option. When I bought it there were only 109,100 miles. The performance is great and you can even spin the tires in the manual mode. One minor flaw I noticed was that if you have long legs like I do, when you make a turn the cruse control setup hits your leg. Other than that it was the best possible car for me and haven't had and issues with it besides a few burned out bulbs. I highly recommend this car to anyone.

Sound System, Wheels, Maroon Color, Aggressive Styling, Performance.

Cruise Control Location, More Aggressive Back End, 5 Speed Automatic With Manual Mode, More Performance

Beware buying Dodge
By dld06981

2005 Dodge Stratus Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've been recently looking up the paint that Dodge/Chrysler uses to paint their vehicles and it seems that there is a pretty good shot that you will have paint bubbling and/or fading. My black car got so bad with the Gray spots that I finally took a can of black spray paint and filled in the spots. It looks bad now but not as terrible as it was. When I asked my dealership to fix the problem they said it was my problem, that the vehicle had to be buffed out. What a joke, it seems like this error in paint happens all the time with this company. They are aware of their faulty paint and continually use it; the most recent vehicle I read about with this problem was a 2008. Please beware when buying Dodge

PAINT QUALITY!