Used 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews - 256 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Was a Chevy man till I found this
By Ricky

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

This truck is great no matter what car you buy they all have problems.... most problems is abuse....I'm a tech and work on my own stuff I check it over every time change my oil.. I have few issues.. that is normal wear and tear... which most people complain about... this 4.7 engine is great people say they have lots of problems with it... I dont see why unless you dont change oil regularly or us crap oil that sludges up which is a killer to this engine..... and or dont just dont keep it up... the transmission works great.... the road noise is probably the worst part of truck and bumpy ride... but for price it is reliable

It may be 12 years old but I love the truck.
By Brett

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd LB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

I have a every expanding mowing business that I do on the side and was looking for an inexpensive pickup. I found this Arizona owned truck with two wheel drive and it was priced to sell by private seller so I grabbed it up. The truck has the 4.7 V8 that does pretty well pulling around my enclosed mowing trailer with equipment in it. It does great around town mowing 40 yards a week. I get about 11mpg pulling the trailer in stop and start non stop while mowing. My only gripe is I wish it had the Hemi in it. I think it would pull the trailer better at highway speeds. It does pull it down the highway ok but I just feel like it could use the extra HP. If it is a windy day I feel like I am giving it some throttle to keep it at 60. Overall the truck for being 12 years old has minimal issues 125,000 miles. AC works great very comfortable interior. Only issue is the CD player stopped working but did not break my heart as my new laptop does not even have a CD accessory anymore to make CD's. I am impressed with how the door handles hold up on the truck. Which may sound stupid but other work vehicles I have used to mow door handles were always falling apart. For a work truck, I am honestly scared to upgrade because this thing has been so good to me. I rated the MPG low but I use this nearly all of the time pulling a trailer so hard to judge.

if you cant dodge it, ram it
By gary smith

Richard- A RailRoader
By Richard B

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Bought new in 04,it's has a 5.7 hemi, the model shown for this review is wrong,they put a new battery in before I signed papers because it was dead,and still to this day 78,500 miles later it's has the same battery. Now I live 3 miles from work and I do go out of state one or two times a year not a single major mechanical problem other than normal brake pads,shocks,1 tune up,it's not the smoothest ride(it has 20''wheels)Its a truck not a car!Doesn't leak,All it takes is miner Maintenance.update on battery finally died with around 84,000 and 11 years to the month I bought it,great Napa battery.87,050 best truck I ever had,still going strong.Update=Now late 2017, 89020miles no change mechanically.==March,2018 and what a waste , awesome truck ,some dummy slams in truck while parked and totaled it.Dodge is got great trucks and getting better.Replaced it with a 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 with 12,000 miles.

Ram Tough
By Fred G Wilson

2004 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 5M)

Trucks are not just for guys. We girls drive them too. I bought my Ram used with 53,000mi and have over 183.000 on it and still going. As a nurse I depend on my Ram in bad weather to get me to and from work because we don't get snow days. As a horse owner I trust my Ram to pull my horses safely to where ever I am going. Compared to my parents Sierra, I don't even know I have a horse trailer behind me with the Ram. With the Sierra it moans and groans. On the farm I use it to haul seed during planting season, firewood when cutting up trees and whatever else comes along. With wear and tear I have had to replace things. But when I buy again it will be a RAM!!!

Transmission, when pulling heavy loads the Ram never hesitates or acts like it is having a tough time. With the Hemi engine I even pulled a Chevy HD out of the mud without 4X4 and my Ram never hesitates or even spun a tire. The Chevy owner was a little embarrassed. I also like the Infinity sound system and the ride!! I have had to take a few of the coworkers home in my Ram and they just go on and on about how nice of a ride my truck is and they can't believe a truck would ride.

Cooling and heating for the floor especially the drivers side. It seems to want to go mainly up to defrost and not much on the feet. I believe the transmission has been improved since the 04, but would love to see Ram have the best transmission around. Improving gas mileage. I already get on an average 18mpg highway and 14-15mpg in town. I drive 100 miles a day and would love to have better gas mileage.