2017 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

White Pearl
By Robert Benson

2017 Dodge Journey Crossroad Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is actually the second V6 Journey I've purchased. I had a previous G/TG and regretted selling it when I did. Wife wanted something different, new so we looked back at a Journey Crossroads Plus. Super SUV, Wonderful leather interior, very well designed and looks terrific. Great gas mileage, she averages around 25 most of the time. Great riding and driving SUV. Glad to have gone back to one. A wonderful vehicle which gets little real attention from the auto buffs.

First Dodge Purchase
By Christine

2017 Dodge Journey Crossroad 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I originally went to the dealership with the plan to buy a new Jeep. After test driving a few models (Patriot, Latitude, etc), I was not happy with ride, comfort, or interiors. My price point also kept putting me in the 4cyl Jeeps. I have previously owned a Chevy Blazer, and a couple Jeep Cherokee Sports. On a whim I decided to test a new 2017 Journey Crossroad AWD. I was pleasantly surprised. After 9 months of ownership, I am still satisfied with my purchase. Only a few things bother me, and they are pretty minor. It is a basically ugly vehicle, except for maybe the "boss" looking color (black) on the front grill package of my otherwise light gray (silver) vehicle. It is slow to warm up, even in the summer, and the heating and air conditioning take a while to get going too. Another thing I miss is daytime auto-running lights, I have to turn on the headlights if I want headlights during the day. Also this vehicle is manual open on the liftgate (no click to open on the fob). Things I like are the roominess of the front seat area, and plenty of rear space, especially with both rows of seats folded down. Accelerating this V6 is fine for my driving style, and quick acceleration when needed was adequate, like for merging in to heavy traffic. Highway driving I average about 25mpg at 70 mph. On cruise, it gets a little better. In town, suburb driving around 21 mpg. I like the somewhat basic electronics pkg. I don't need navigation, or computer, or a backup camera. I do enjoy the surius radio, and bluetooth, although the latter I rarely use. This is the first AWD vehicle I have owned, my previous vehicles all being 4WD switch on the fly types. I was a little aprehensive about the AWD, but my first winter in the upper Midwest (Iowa) I had no problems getting around in the snow. Dodge has done a good job winning me over, before this purchase I had never considered this brand.

Step Up for a Journey
By J.E. Perkins

2017 Dodge Journey Crossroad Plus 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2002 Ford Edge Ranger. As much as I loved that old pickup I do have to admit the Journey is a step up. I drove the 4 cycl Journey and it was ok but lacked in responsiveness when I needed the power. However, the 3.6L V6 Crossroads plus is just that a PLUS. I look forward to many, many years and many, many outings with this Dodge.

Not Again
By Fred

2017 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought it new and within 1000 miles the front-end began to make clunking noises over any kind of imperfection, from small bumps to the lip on your driveway. Headlights "blink" occasionally driving at night. Took it to the Dodge dealer, who said they checked it all out and it was fine. Dumb-founded, I took the mechanic for a ride and he said, yes, he noticed the continual clunking in the front-end,but that this is normal for a Journey. Mentioned the headlight issue and his response was that "if that were happening, it would have logged a code" ( as if I am making it up). Now I see why the dealer tried to hard sell me an extended warranty on their NEW CAR. I am kind of stuck with this rig, so I hope it lives for the life of the loan. But my gut tells me that once the 12 month, 12k warranty is up, all hell will break loose.

Not Again
By Fred

2017 Dodge Journey SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)