Used 2012 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Dodge Journey Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Great family car for little kids
By Jeff

2012 Dodge Journey Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Upon browsing the most negative reviews, people are mostly upset about the drop in resale value after a new purchase. That is totally a bummer, but that's part of what makes the Journey such an amazing used car :) You can get a TON of car for your dollar with the Journey. Also, something dealer won't tell you... YOU CAN STILL GET AMAZING EXTENDED WARRANTIES DIRECTY THROUGH DODGE ON USED CARS! I'm sure there are limits on how old, but we got an extended full-coverage plan for a great price on a two year old Journey with 40k miles. After out $100 deductible, nearly everything else is covered! So take advantage the drop in resale value, and get a warranty through Dodge! We're 3 years into owning a 2012 and had very few issues outside of regular maintenance.

Journey
By Andy

Good

At 100K rebuild the engine
By Aaron Howard

2012 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife drives this and babies it. At almost 100K lifters started ticking loud. One lifter replaced by power trane. 4K miles later more lifter tick noise. Transmission also starting slaming into place around 80K. Had to replace a wheel speed sensor at 55K. Not very happy considering my other car has 160K miles without a problem yet.

(2012 SXT) Took a While, but ...
By june_g

2012 Dodge Journey SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle used with 111, 000 miles on it and I have to say that I didn't love it at first. I bought it because it was priced right and it was practical, but I did like the interior a lot and it has since grown on me. I have owned my Journey for 1 year now and I had to put some money into it -- mostly because of sticky calipers. Other than that I have no major complaints. It has been a very comfortable ride and I like the quality of the interior finishes much more than any of the Chevys, Hondas or Kias that I have driven. Handles very well in snow and on icy roads.

Piece of utter crap
By Sandy

2012 Dodge Journey American Value Package 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new in late 2011, so far it has had 2 repairs for the seat, the engine is extremely underpowered while getting very poor fuel economy. I mean how in hell can a four cylinder engine get 16 miles per gallon on average. Very jerky transmission, I just passed 50,000 miles and it is the worst car I have ever owned and the resale value of these things is in the toilet so basically I'm screwed. Now the light for the trunk light will turn off if it is more than half way open, apparently this is a defect that has been overlooked but each time the liftgate is closed and opened it pinches wires in the top part and frays them big safety issue!