Used 2010 Dodge Journey SUV Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Journey SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Journey model:

Loved it......for about 4 months
By Shell

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Let me tell you first what I loved about my Journey. The car was spacious. It was great for travelling with my daughter and her softball gear for games, adding teammates when there were distant away games. It was a comfortable drive. It had a killer sound system which is always good when you have teenagers. What I didn't like started about 4 months after I purchased my 2010 Journey used in March of 2013. I had to have my vehicle towed in because it would not start. It would not click, not turn, nothing. They get it there and it starts right up. They run a diagnostic on it just to check and found that the security system had been triggered within the ignition which is what caused it to not start. They reset the code and I picked it up. 2 months later, it was back in the shop. This time for brakes, pads and rotors for front and back. When I purchased the vehicle, it had about 43,000 miles on. I had put maybe 6000 miles on it at this point. About 15 months later, approximately 14000 miles, I was again replacing pads and rotors. I found out I also had a very shady dealership who was trying to replace things that didn't need replacing. The brakes on this vehicle are CRAP! There is no need to have to replace brakes this often. Also, it is UNHEARD of to have a battery that is inaccessible like this one!! And now the kicker. I am having transmission issues. It is slipping and of course I can't check transmission fluid because there is NO DIPSTICK!!!! Why can I know check routine maintenance on my own without taking to a dealer to have them tell me yes fluid is low???? I will NEVER buy another Dodge again..... EVER!!!

fell apart at 100,000
By PABLO SOTO

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Well I bough car used 42,00 miles ran well till it got to 100,00. in 2 months replaced brakes, 02 sensor ,coolant reservoir, fuel pump, several hoses felt like car knew when I got paid. Mechanic told me I needed muffler and I knew it was time to go after 2,500.00 in repairs. Got a new 2017 Nissan Rogue and bank paid off last 5,100.00 owed. Great ride but she was a money pit and grateful I got rid of her , I was scared to drive her. plenty of room. loved her but had to leave her alone.

Don’t buy a Dodge Journey
By Scothalas@gmail.com

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have nothing but problems with this car, and would never wish for anyone to buy it. Fobes, Consumer Reports and JD, power all gave a poor rating.

what else can go wrong
By Hazmine

2010 Dodge Journey SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I loved my jorney didnt love the problems that came with it loves the space and storage this car from day one had problems we put in a total of $4,000 in a 5 yr period just to keep it road safe

[non-permissible content removed]
By sanjuana cervantes

2010 Dodge Journey SUV SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

bought this car used in 2017 the inside is great lots of storage is very clean started having problems right away blown heater hose had to buy the whole part of the replacement that comes with hose cost me 850 dollars then 3 days later the soleinoid goes out had to buy that from the dealer apparently their the only ones that carry the part how quaint then to install it 600 dollars then 2 days later the check engine light goes on iam at my wits end with this [non-permissible content removed] dont buy one ever.