Used 2001 Dodge Intrepid Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Intrepid for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

Pleasantly surprised

lcar, 04/20/2002

I bought a Dodge Caravan in 1997 and it proved to be so good I decided to switch to a Dodge Intrepid for our family sedan. This turned out to be a wise choice as it has been trouble free in the first 18000+ miles and gets reasonable gas mileage as well. The car handles great in snow and whips around freeway ramps like a sports car. My wife drives it daily and loves it. We made a wise choice.

Great Car for Us

Ed Ely, 05/01/2002

Excellant handling, roadability, driveability. Looks was one of the primary reasons for the purchase of this vehicle. However, once it was driven, we were sold on it. Got the best deal we could find and signed on the dotted line. We are glad that we did.

2001 Dodge Intrepid SE 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6

vince, 01/18/2009

I bough my 01 SE when it was 14 months and 20500 miles old. Now 72000mi. Dealer change electric fan second year. Check engine light which dealer took 6 months to figure it was an leaking polution hose. Under extended coverage dealer changed a/c coil under the dash. I changed front rotors radiator drain plug tune up tires and pads.Had smog stuff serviced. Headlight buckets getting dull. Engine and front wheel drive noise after 50000 mi.

Dependable and Stylish

Bill, 12/28/2007

I bought this former rental car off a dealer's lot in 11/01 with 24,000 miles and now has over 135,000 miles on it. I commute 60 miles a day primarily freeway driving and consistently get 23- 25 MPG. I'm 6"6" so I need a roomier car and this fits the bill and I get good mileage to boot. Good reliability as the car still is working off the original battery and I didnt replace first set of brakes until 80,000 miles. It has yet to start leaking any fluid and still has orginal transmission. I've replaced a water pump that expectedly went bad at about 120,000 miles but that's about it so far. I may trade in '08 for something new-but will need to go long way to beat value this car provides.

Great Car

cincy80, 06/11/2002

I love my Intrepid. For your money you cannot get more. The power is awesome and the handling is great.

get ride

dig dug, 06/17/2002

havent had the car long enough to have any great times with it yet but i guess the best so far has been the abliatly to be able to have the power to get out of the way of the other drivers that cannt drive or just dont care about other drivers

Intrepid rocks!

Doug95B, 06/18/2002

Love it! great colour (Burgandy) tonnes of room! comfort, fun to drive, looks cool and its impossible to lock your doors with keys left in ignition!

Love my Intrepid

TP45, 08/06/2002

In the 15 months since my wife and I purchased our Intrepid we have been extremely happy with the decision to purchase this vehicle. A used car with 12,000 miles from Thrifty's rental fleet, the Dodge now has 36,000 miles on the odometer and our only expenses have been for fuel and oil changes. What the base 2.7L engine may lack in low end torque is easily forgotten as the RPM's climb. Fuel economy is excellant for a vehicle of this size.I have experienced fuel mileage in excess of 30MPG for highway driving with an average of 18-20MPG city and highway. It handles and looks great. I will not hesitate to purchase another Intrepid when replacing this car.

great car

stinger, 08/09/2002

Best car I've owned-prettiest too.

R/T

dkr, 08/23/2002

My R/T has been an excellent car! No problems to this point. Routine service except the entire exhaust was replaced due to a buzz/whine/rattle in one of the mufflers/resonators. Loads of space for my family of 3, and still good power and sportiness.

12345...10