Used 2001 Dodge Intrepid Consumer Reviews

Used Intrepid for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

2000 Intrepid RT

Paolo, 11/17/2009

I have owned this car since 2001. I bought it with 14000 miles on it and drive it hard. The car is now 10 years old with 120,000 miles on it and I have never had anything on the drive train cause me a problem. The one area that has been a pain is the upper front sway bar link which has been replaced by me twic in 10 years. I replaced the brakes once so far but have to replace the front rotors and pads again. I also need to replace the front struts which is not bad as they are the originals. This car is in Massachussetts with its winters, the car is terrible in snow, and the worst streets and highways in the country. I would buy this car again in a hearbeat.

AWESOME CAR!!!!!!!!

Johnny S. Garcia, Jr, 06/07/2009

I bought this former rental car off a Dodge dealer's lot in Mar. 2002 with 35,000 miles and a MFG date of 06/01. My baby NOW has as of today's date (06/06/09) 218,171 miles on it!!!!!,,,It's a V6 2.7. Most of my miles came from highway miles. Read this and weep people, this car (MY CAR) IS AWESOME!!!!!,,,,I've done regular maintenance, tires, in fact, I went to the maximum width tire on 17 inch rims. The only major thing done on this car is the power steering pulley. It still has trhe orig tranny and batt. THANK YOU for this awesome car!!!!! I hear Dodge made a 2009 Intrepid?????

Wouldn't buy it again

jackrelax, 07/14/2009

Car was bought new and had no significant motoric or electrical problems for several years. The first non-driver related issue (that I can recall) was a cooling fan stopped working. This came about in 2006/07. The alternator seems to be going out now, 2009. The oil has been changed on a regular basis. A new battery was required, for the first time, a few months ago.

A ONE TON PAPERWEIGHT!

laura, 03/02/2010

loved my car until I reached the 79000 mile mark. My water pump failed allowing antifreeze to mix with oil which fried out all the bearings. Had to pay $600 just to cover the labor for the mechanic to get to the part. It will cost more to replace motor than the car is worth. I never imagined a car could fail so completely at this low of miles. Now that it's fixed my mechanic says I should dump the car because their transmissions have a 50% failure rate. Nice work Dodge! You can be sure I won't be purchasing your product again.

i must have got the only good one

jose, 04/11/2010

i have a 2001 se with 2.7 v6 and 123,000 + miles on the original engine and tranny. had to replace battery once and brakes as needed water pump at 100k did it myself and timing chain & guides while I was in there anyway. damn good car runs like new. I wonder if all the complainers ever heard of regular oil changes? I'll buy another one when this one dies if ever!

12345...19