2015 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Highly Disappointed in Dodge.
By Cary Lynn

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After being a 2008 SE Grand Caravan owner, I expected so much out of my "upgrade" to the 2015 SXT. I owned my 2008 until it had 192,000 miles on it. We drove it hard, were rough on the inside, and used every feature it had. I have only owned the 2015 for 2 days and I am already very, very disappointed in Dodge. The first thing I noticed was that this SXT has a smaller engine. I had a 3.8 in my 2008, these new ones, no matter the trim level, only have 3.6. I didn't expect to notice what I thought was going to be such a small difference, but man, do I ever! These new vehicles have FuelEcon. This causes all kinds of different things to happen, which are supposed to be more fuel efficient.... "The feature adjusts engine timing and transmission shift points to optimize fuel economy. The transmission will upshift sooner, downshift later and skip select gears during shifts to allow the engine to operate at lower speeds. The torque converter clutch will engage sooner and remain on longer, and the engine idle speed will be lower." I am torn on using this feature. It was turned on when I picked it up, and I have driven over 75 miles in the 2 days I have had it. I live right off of a major highway, and acceleration is important. My 2008 got it, it would zoom up onto the highway, no problem. Eventually, when this 2015 finally accelerates, it does drives nice. It feels smooth and the seats are more comfortable than the '08. But, the acceleration on this '15 in no way compares to what I could do with the '08. I plan to drive with the FuelEcon off and see if this makes a difference. The next thing I noticed was that there was no "Info" button (so I can see who is singing), and no Bluetooth or UConnect. I had UConnect on my SE and an Info button, which I used all of the time to check out artist's names. Two nice features gone on this "upgrade". They also rearranged the dash, it looks a lot sharper, but the steering wheel blocks my speedometer and I can't see how fast I am going. I did find that I can now display my speed digitally, which is nice, so I keep that on so I can watch my speed. My son about flipped when he got in the car, to plug in his laptop, and there is no 110V plug!!! We use the plug for so many things. He charges his laptop, I run my oil diffuser, we used the wall charger plugged into it for one phone while another phone is plugged into the car charger. This feature can be added, by purchasing an adapter, but we will lose a car charger port in the process. The 2015 SXT has no compass, garage door opener, overhead storage or fog lights, all of which my 2008 SE had. The new van has both 3rd row vented windows on one switch, so you can't choose to open one or the other, it is both or nothing. Another thing that I will miss, in loosing these overhead bins, is the lighting. The 2008 had a nice lighting system. Each seat had their own reading light, and there was also a nice glowing light I could turn on and still see my kiddos but not impair my outside visibility at night. I have noticed a slight decrease in the cabin noise from my '08, but it is still considerably noisy. The 2008 had vibration noise with the overhead bins, by not having them, I have lost some of that noise. I was thoroughly disappointed that there is not USB in this vehicle. There was one available at the next trim level, but for a 2015 vehicle that is designed to carry many passengers, this was a shocker. Overall, if this one preforms as well, and for as long as my last one, I will ultimately be happy with it, but I just can't believe that Dodge took away so many features that were available 8 years ago on the lower, SE model. One feature that I do absolutely love is the new, taller console. Before, I had to reach down to the floor to get to the car charger. This new, taller center console, makes that so much more convenient.

Great Value Minivan
By Steve

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had this vehicle for 19 months and have already put 40,000 miles on it. Zero problems with it. We traded in a 2011 toyota sienna because of numerous electronic issues (battery drain, radio speakers cutting out when you turned left, power doors not working), so the caravan has been a nice change. Only complaint is everything seems a little tight in the interior. Particularly, leg room is not very good for a minivan.

dumbell
By Ken Maloney

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought new and sight unseen-no driver aids-no climate control-a very dangerous vehicle to drive

Tire Pressure Issue/Sensor constantly on 2015
By Sabina Ruggiero

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan American Value Package 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have bought my 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan in November 2014, first winter no problem, but 2nd winter in 2015 the problem began constantly light comes on that tire pressure is low, constantly going to garage to have tires filled up, light goes off for a couple of day and than it's comes on again. Took it finally April 2016 to Dealer to have it looked at, they said it was fine however, I left the dealer and the light was still on so they didn't do anything to fix it either, not even filled the air in tires so light would go off - never will buy a dodge again!!

Buy an old mini van
By James w

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

So first new car.. junk. Took me a bit to find all the faults. But this is unacceptable from a new car. Went back to the old van parked the new one. So hear is wha I found is all wrong.
Drive by wire is safty problem will not accelerate when needed. Can not make any little speed adjustments when driving works like an on off switch. the transmission wont stop shifting up shift and down shift. Clanks and clunks alot. Has 283hp good luck using it my old 102hp van will beat of the line and at top end. The new van is limmed to 113mph. No covers over the seat hooks on the floor so you cant use it to go camping with out being jabed with one. Sliding doors are slow. Far back seat cover over the junk is cheap plastic with no hing so im sure it will break in a couple of years. The far back seat does not move back or forward. So if your tall you wont fit in the back. The heat is ok not great. The duct gates for if the air is blowing on the floor or window leak badly so there is all ways air blowing in the wrong way. The stereo renders everything in two speaker stereo though 6 speakers. Any classic songs rendered in 7.1 sound horrible. There is no base from the back most of the base is from the front speakers. Rear visibility is poor. Don't lean on the side of the van or it will dent. On cold mornings first startup is accompanied by howling power stearing pump. Even when warm it idles at 1000 rmp vs 500 on the old van. When its running you will know it, noisy idle and acceleration poor exhaust design. Fuel mileage is poor for the vans size. O and the tracking controll doesn't do anything other then shuts down the rpms so you cant get up that last bit of driveway. The side windows cant be opened at highway speed with out risking poping a ear drum. The far back windows you cant open just one. Over all find an older minivan with out the drive by wire and with out the crapomatic 6 speed. Save your money.