Used 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Caravan for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
1...345678

Pros
Cons

The family truckster

5kids, 02/22/2007

We bought our Grand Caravan used as a one owner. It's now got over 90,000 miles and we've loved it since the day we bought it! I have 5 kids and it works wonderfully for transporting my family. It's big enough for all of us to ride in comfort, but I have no problems getting it in and out of parking spots. We're going on 3 years of ownership and have put on 35,000+ miles without a single problem or trip to the dealership and still going strong!

If it only had a tranny

JimC, 08/11/2007

We have loved this van. We have a Sport, but not AWD. I find it uncomfortable to drive long distances as a 5'11" man - seat way too close - but my wife loves it. Has been totally reliable for 174,000 miles, but we just blew the tranny. Guess we made out OK - other reviewers only got half that many miles out of theirs! Of course it is now worthless because the tranny will cost more to replace than the van, but if you get one with a new transmission, it's a decent van!

Good Van

2rd dodge, 06/11/2007

Overall it was a descent van with OK features. Seats were more comfortable then the new Dodge stow and go ones. Good amount of storage when 3rd row seat is moved forward.

Dodge Grand Caravan great transportation

s means, 10/30/2007

Graeat for kids and family transportation. I always on the list when someone in the family needs to move. Very flexible vechicle. I liked it so much I purchased another (2007)

Great Minivan

Mike Hovey, 11/01/2007

Third and best Dodge minivan we've owned. This is an SE/Sport (not AWD) with 3.3L, 17" wheels, and HD towing pkg. Just went over 151000 miles. Replaced transmission at about 100,000, but otherwise no major problems. Great for road trips and more than competent as a commuter. Will absolutely buy a fourth.

Caravan # 2

tenpin, 05/17/2003

This is our 2nd caravan.We own a 1995 that has been to hell and back with over 300,000 miles on it,no major problems at all! We love our vans!!!

MEC, 02/07/2003

My second grand caravan, first AWD. Purchased AWD due to rear disc brake option, after this experience I would only buy with all wheel disc brakes. I have had some warranty items that concern me, overall ownership experience has been solid, van still quite, very, very comfortable, features and size still acceptable after 3 years. Wanted to buy Honda, just put off by supply demand $$ and dealer poor treatment. Told dealer if I can test drive an S500 Mercedes, then I will test drive Honda before purchase, he said no, I bought a Dodge.

Dont buy a Caravan

Stevie D, 05/26/2003

This van has been in the shop 3 times with problems with the steering column.Recently at 47000 the Caravan has died 2 times during rush hour traffic with transmission problems.I'm taking it back in tomorrow for the same transmission problem.They say 3 times is a charm, We'll see.

A Pleasure to Drive

Ted, 10/13/2002

This van is a pleasure to drive, especially on long trips. First, you sit up high for a good view of the road. Second, the seats are very comfortable even with manual seat adjustments. Third, it moves smoothly along at highway speeds of 75+ mph, even in the Rocky Mountains. It also is fine in the city and useful for hauling furniture, building supplies and kids.

2000 Grand Caravan Sport - BEWARE!!

Machacca, 07/08/2003

This vehicle has been in and out of the shop for various issues after the first year. The latest is a cracked head that will cost $$$$$$$$ to repair. No warranty coverage. I guess the industry is forcing consumers in purchasing extended warranties at gaudy prices. Hindsight is 20/20. I should have gotten a Honda.

1...345678