Used 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Caravan for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Not Bad!!

Triangletalk, 09/05/2003

We have driven our van from coast to coast repeatedly and have had relatively little trouble with it. We did have a transmission seal leak the first year but it was covered under warrenty. We are at 111,120 miles now and the transmission needs replacing. This time its on my dime. So far so good!

BEWARE OF THE DODGE CARAVAN

tickpilot, 09/14/2003

I bought this van brand new from a dealer, hoping to have a reliable vehicle for a few years, but boy was I suprised! I have had nothing but trouble from this van including, but not limited to: 1. The head gasket needed to be replaced 2. The master cylinder has been replaced 3 times 3. The front and rear brakes, including calipers, wheel bearings, rotors, pads, shoes have been replaced multiple times 4. The transmission has needed major work, and multiple sensors needed to be replaced as well. 5. The main computer module needed to be replaced. 6. Last week, the engine blew.(65K miles)

So far, So good

dustin, 08/08/2003

We purchased this van used, and it has not yet failed us. We had one of the first Dodge vans ever made, (back in '91 or so,) and we loved it. This one is just as great. The only problems we've had so far is small transmission problems, (but nothing serious), and some air-conditioning problems have just started, (which also happened with our old Dodge Caravan.) We've had a Dodge Grand Caravan twice now, but I think our next vehicle will be a Chrysler Town & Country.

Disappointed

Dsspntd, 10/03/2003

The things fixed since buying the van new : Power window and door actuators, exhaust manifold(cracked shortly after new) , power steering (excessive leak), front rotors (warped 30,000), onto my 3rd water pump within the last year and it's leaking again. I took a chance on buying this Dodge Caravan and put my faith in American made. Sorry never again, maybe Buick. I've owned a Buick Skyhawk, Ford Mustang, Oldsmobile Cutlass, Buick LeSabre, Acura Integra, Dodge Colt, VW Passat (all '80's and '90's models)

if only dodge cared!

soubie, 10/03/2003

i have owned three dodge minivans. i love the room they offer as i have 4 children, a husband and a dog! but as far as the reliability of this auto forget it. have a problem dodge doesnt care! squeaks alot after the second year of ownership. transmission problems, MANY!! THE TRANSMISSIONS WENT ON ALL THREE!!!! DID THEY CARE NO EVEN AFTER THE WARRANTY HAD JUST RUN OUT THAT WEEK!!!! THEIR GREAT FOR ROOM. BUT FOR ANYTHING ELSE THEIR A WASTE! IF I EVER RAN MY COMPANY THE WAY AUTO COMPANIES RUN THEIRS I'D BE OUT OF BUSINESS!!! BUY A HONDA VAN INSTEAD!

Still own it, but will not buy another

Doug, 07/09/2005

Many, many, many problems with brakes over the years. Filed a complaint in the early years, but Chrysler/Dodge did not seem to care and did very little. Probably will not buy another Chrysler/Dodge just due to their lack of care and fair reliability

Straight from a happy owner

Rideon, 01/07/2004

This van has been a joy to own and drive. It has given me reliable trouble free service. Only problem was a slight transmission oil leak which I got fixed right away and it has been fine since. No problems starting in cold weather and no major or even minor repairs needed.

Crummy Transmission

Doug G, 02/09/2004

We bought this with about 45000 miles on it. 6 weeks after buying it, we had to put $1,750 into the transmission after (of course) the salesman told us that the transmission was checked. We had specifically asked about the trans. during the test drive. There is now a "thumb" in the front end when doing over bumps... I dare wonder whats wrong NOW!

Poor Quality!

Caravan Lemon, 02/25/2004

Transmission of my 2000 Grand Caravan broke down at 75K KM. 2K to fix it. Chrysler should be shame of its quality.

love my dodge grand caravan

firemom, 05/19/2004

I love it the extended back with the sliding seat is so handy. Small enough to park and handle but large enough for shopping and kids or vacation stuff and family.the engine is reliable has pick up but not too bad on gas.never have had a problem

12345...8