Used 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Caravan for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

The Worse I've Ever Had

George35, 11/29/2002

This is hands down the worse vehicle I have ever owned. I have an 86 Subaru that drives better than this vehicle. I have had my Grand Caravan for Less than 2 years. During that time it has been in and out of the shop, examples: Broken axles, replace rack and pinion, sway bars, belt tensioner, replaced lifters, and electrical problems. Buyers beware!

"meet all necessary requirements" van

dprong, 12/06/2002

Leased an '98 Plymouth Grand Voyager "Expresso" (3.3 L engine) and upon it's lease expiration, I told the same salesperson who leased it at the beginning that it was the best car I ever had after driving 4 Hondas (all cars). He replied,"This 2000 Grand Caravan" (3.8L) is going to be even better. And he is damn right! Despite that this van has ran into bad luck (smashed a pregnant doe; leaving $8,000 damage and hail damage leaving $9,000 damage within 1 year!) Took it to many long trips per year to parents in laws' and to Fla. A real nice cruising vehicle! Comfortable seatings

NO MORE CHRYSLER JUNK

Dealer Dan, 12/19/2002

Our Grand Caravan has been nothing but problems. The transmissions are junk. This Van had two transmissions in 30,000 miles. NOT RECOMMENDED for people with children - this is an unsafe and unreliable vehicle. The wipers only work when the SUN is out. The back door glass explodes as you drive down the road. The brakes will not stop it at speeds over 30MPH unless you have a mile to stop. ABS SUCKS.

2000 Powerwagon

Pop, 12/29/2002

This vehicle is superior to the Ford Windstars I have owned. It is more comfortable, pulls my boat easier, and is much roomier and more comfortable. The mileage is disappointing, as is the braking system. It has had to have a seat replaced because of wear, and stabilizers were added to the front to get rid of excessive noise.

Lemon

Suzer, 12/31/2002

We had nothing but problems with this vehicle since purchasing it. I have a file about 2 inches thick of service invoices. Fortunately, everything was covered by the warranty (when it ran out, we ditched it). Daimler Chrysler would not admit it was a lemon. The worst part...not having a car. Problems included: Steering column replaced 3 times, steering wheel clock spring replaced 4 times, windshield wiper motor, air conditioner fan motor, both power window motors died, horn malfunctioned, sliding door pad short (which caused doors to lock and unlock while driving at various speeds), ignition cylinder housing locked up twice, and the list goes on.

think twice before buying Dodge Caravan

Chris & Shannon, 01/27/2003

for the most part the van is nice but it was our second new dodge caravan and we had problems with both, the main reason that we purchased the caravan was because of price. With both carvans 1999 & 2000 AWD Sports we had trouble with the transmittion and electrial problems,Once the caravan hit 20,000 miles it started going down hill fast! we are now looking to buy another van but this time we will buy a used honda odssey 1999 or 2000. I would never advise anyone to buy a Dodge Carvan, lease hmmmmmm, well maybe! Good luck hope my experience will help you make a better choice.........

AWSOME!!

Jay11, 02/13/2003

Bought our Grand Caravan in 1999 as a 2000 model. It is a Jet Black Grand Caravan Sport, with suck options as the 3.8L engine, Infinity Sound system, Power everything except seat (which i miss:( ), computer, rear air etc.,$35,900CDN NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RUNS BEAUTIFULLY!!!!!!! LOOKS SEXY FOR A MINIVAN!!! Best looking minivan out there. We are trading it in this year for a Town and Country with the DVD option.

The bigger engine makes a difference

dwolf, 03/04/2002

I highly suggest getting the 3.8L engine. It has soooo much more torque

my dark green van

Gerald Hubler, 08/24/2003

The only trouble I have had with this van is a gromut was missing from the pasengers right sliding door & the door seal on the left sliding came loose. these items were fixed under warenty.

beware

schoolboy, 09/01/2003

after 55k had electrical problems that rendered van undriveable. took dealer nearly a month to fix after repeated prompts for them to get it fixed. refused to give me a loaner. extreme frustration in getting repairs done. liked van, but feel its unrealible in long term. nice while it lasted, which wasn't long. poor warranty. poor dealer service. trading in for non-dodge minivan.

12345...8