Used 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews

Used Grand Caravan for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

It's Not Good

big kev, 04/18/2002

We love the way the van drives and handles - like a car. Very convenient features but no power doors. The biggest problem has been the transmission - two trans gasket replacements so far at 35k. Power steering problems too.

All Good Here

61 kd, 04/29/2009

Bought this model from dealer, first family truckster I've owned. I think I'll own it forever. It just never quits. Did have a master cylinder issue early on but was under warranty. I also replaced the A/C but other than that nothing else. It rides like a dream, love the versitility of removing the 2nd row captain chairs, and it gets 23 on the highway. Engine and Tranny still going strong!

After 40,000 miles we still love it!

Alan_D, 05/31/2002

Our Grand Caravan has 40,000 miles on it after 2 years. It has performed very well over that period with only routine maintenance. For a large'ish van it handles very well and has decent acceleration (we have the 3.8L). I've been generally pleased with the gas mileage. We've averaged 19.5 mpg around town and 25 mpg on trips - and that is with an average of 5 to 6 people in it.

The Best Minivan Ever

DollyPartonRocks, 02/10/2010

I have only had one "under" the hood problems, that was in 2007, fixed & no problems since. Everything is still like new, although like all older cars it does need new headlights. Driver side sliding door got jammed once in 2003, fixed and no problem since. This is by far the best minivan ever!!! You can't go wrong with this thing!!!!

GET A HONDA MINIVAN

dENNY, 07/03/2002

I will never buy a dodge, chrysler, or jeep,again. The caravan's are no good I can't see why everone has one.I had many problem with the grand caravan, I had to get the brake replaced 3 time's and 2 time's replacing transmission.YOU CAN TELL HOW CHEAP IT's MADE BECAUSE THE DODGE SIGN FELL OFF THE HOOD. I MADE A BIG MISTAKE TRADING MY 1998 FORD WINDSTAR FOR A GRAND CARAVAN.

I will not buy a fourth one!!!

marcus4e, 08/14/2002

This is my 3rd Grand Caravan. It is the best design and ride of all minivans we have tried. However, Chrysler quality sucks. I am already having front end problems at 48K miles. Interior stuff is falling apart. I expect to have the same air conditioning and valve problems under 70K miles as I did on the first 2. Why buy a third one you ask? Because it is the only one with the best ride and best interior size for a minivan and with a large family of 6 I needed that. They have a great concept, but very poor execution after marketing it for 17 years.

Grand Caravan Review

kemrich, 10/21/2002

This is the second Grand Caravan we have owned. First one lasted 11 years and 250,000 miles on one engine and one Trannie. Mileage is acceptable at an average of 22 mph on regular gas. Only gripe is removal and reinstall of the second set of seats and the rear bench. Chrysler should have learned from the competition. Still awkward.

WINDOW LEAKS

worldbfr, 11/03/2002

This van gets driven, I have ove 50000 miles and only 2 years old. Passenger sliding door window has water leaking in. Dealer does not want to do an out of warranty repair. It is only 2 years old.

Great so far!

John42, 11/02/2002

We've owned our 2000 Grand Carvan Sport for 2 and a half years and 45,000 Miles. No problems to report. Mileage is about 23 mpg with the 3.3 liter V6.

A Pleasure to Drive

ted, 10/13/2002

This van is a pleasure to drive, especially on long trips. First, you sit up high for a good view of the road. Second, the seats are very comfortable even with manual seat adjustments. Third, it moves smoothly along at highway speeds of 75+ mph, even in the Rocky Mountains. It also is fine in the city and useful for hauling furniture, building supplies and kids.

12345...8