Used 2015 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

Used Durango for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Did my research, ended up with a Dodge? Yup.

Craig, 09/30/2015
R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

I wanted decent gas mileage. Big engine, small vehicle "package", that includes trailer towing: the best I could find. Needed to pull a travel trailer (just under 5,000 #), AWD vehicle for snowmobiling / pulling that trailer and being able to fit some kids and even grandkids in. Did opt for the factory trailer tow package, a GOOD thing. Reviewed the imports, chevy, gmc etc. Dodge kept coming up as an option (I kept trying to ignore). The only reason entertainment is not 5 stars is the lack of a CD. player. I guess that's old technology. I bought a battery operated CD player and play it through the aux. jack. The only reason not 5 stars for acceleration is because I decided I did not want to opt for the Hemi $, or poor mileage. Could use a little more storage behind the 3rd row seats but bearable. 63 years old, many cars/pickups in the past, honestly "love" this thing! Not HUGE like Tahoe, Armada, Sequoia. Easier to park, maneuver and get in and out of garage. Pulls the trailer, along with 7 passengers, unlike most other smaller cross-overs/SUV's. Actually gets the mileage indicated. Love the 8 speed tranny with paddle shifters, especially towing. Good looking, great underpinnings, think Jeep / Mercedes. Look in a Jeep and the interior is almost identical. But much less $! Fine looking and riding vehicle, glad to be seen in it too! Ignore the Dodge insignia and just buy it.

Beware the MPG and the noises

Simon Facer, 04/15/2016
Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've been driving SUVs for 20 years, up until recently GM vehicles - Blazers, Tahoe and Yukon. I traded my Yukon Denali (6.2L V8) in for a Durango (3.6L V6) - I didn't want to pay for 15MPG any more. I thought that if I can get 15mpg out of a V8 6.2L tank like the Yukon, I should be able get low 20's out of a smaller and lighter Durango. Not so, the fuel economy is incredibly disappointing, even with a very light foot on the highway, I struggle to get more than 20mpg. The quoted figures are probably legal, but they aren't real world - you will not get 25mpg even on a long highway run, unless you are cruising on a perfectly flat road at (probably) 56mph. The build quality is OK, but for a top of the line model (Citadel), the trim level is surprisingly disappointing (a word that crops up too much with this car). No sill plates, door trim is showing signs of wear after 3 months, carpet over the 3rd row of seats is showing signs of strain where it stretches over the interior mechanism. I have little confidence in the longevity of this good looks of this vehicle. There is a 'nice' rattle, like a handful of pebbles rolling around on a plastic tray coming from somewhere under the dash, on both sides. And the really worrying thing is that the noise goes away when it rains - not only is there something in there that can't get out, but it's also open to the elements - can you image the rust trap that I can? The engine is marginally powerful enough. In order to make it handle better, they made the transmission lazy - it doesn't shift anywhere near soon enough. I can be on a flat road, or even going downhill, with my foot almost completely off the gas pedal and the engine at 3K+ RPM, and it refuses to shift into a higher gear. I have gotten into the habit of paddle shifting I up a gear or two and then putting it back into full auto. The lazy shift is almost certainly a reason why the MPG is poor. On the plus side, the electronics are good, the sound system is good and it is fairly nimble for an SUV, I travel a lot for work and get to drive vehicles other than my SUV's, so it's not a nice nimble Lexus, but it isn't the tank that I had before, and it handles reasonably well. I will not be buying another Dodge based on the experience with this one so far, buyers remorse indeed.

SXT AWD

Justin Sutherland, 11/09/2015
SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I am a saleman for CDJR and love the Durango. I just purchase done for my wife. We needed a larger SUV and I wanted AWD this time around. For the price I couldnt find anything comparable. Its an SXT so its surely not "fancy". It has some nice creature comforts though. Back up camera(and sensors), NAV, heated seats ans steering wheel. The 8.4N is a great setup and very easy to use. We came from Ford and werent too happy with the easy of use on the Sync system. There is plenty of room for our 3 kids. Very pleased with our Durango overall!

Durango R/T AWD does everything!

Patrick Krook, 11/29/2015
R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Loved this thing so much (see original review below), bought a 2017 R/T, only this time with Red leather interior. This is a driving person's SUV. If you need three rows and configurable storage for an active family lifestyle and you don't want to sacrifice the "Fun to Drive" factor, nothing else comes close to the power, road feel, and handling of the Dodge Durango R/T. Those that do, cost $20k more and still can't touch it. New stuff: SPORT MODE. Love it. Favorite Stuff: Adaptive Cruise Control Stuff I Can Live Without: Lane Departure Assist (Dodge, please make this feature with an "off" button). We were looking for a family hauler that had a luxury sport presence, also fitting to drive clients around in. This beauty does it all. Handled the 16" blizzard with gusto in regular AWD or 4Lo. Electronics are intuitive, and can be customized to your liking, from full on "nanny" to utterly silent. Handles two iPhones in the car at the same time without issue, Bluetooth phone or USB media input. "Imported from Detroit", fit and finish rivals anything out of Germany or Japan. Looked at an Audi Q7, cost $10k more equally equipped and the regular maintenance would be four times as much.

2015 Durange beat the competition. SUV X frame

Auto obsessed, 05/09/2016
SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I wanted a SUV ! No a CUV. Durango fit the bill !! Technology package is awesome. Pentastar V6 get great mileage and 8 speed tranny is smooth and auto stick adds a sport mode I enjoy. Comfortable ride with a long wheelbase. Negotiated a good deal . Hard to find a value these days with current sticker prices. Give it a try if you are in the market.

12345...8