Used 2015 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

Used Durango for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Can't believe I bought a Dodge either

Vivien Baty, 10/20/2015
Citadel 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I was looking at BMW, Mercades, Lexus!! Saw a used Dodge Durango Citadel and didn't stop until I was driving one!! Best decision I ever made! I love it!!!

After owning 38 cars I LOVE this one.

Rebecca, 09/23/2015
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Ignore the name and drive the car. I have owned a large number of cars over the years. My last was a GMC Envoy. I set out to buy another GMC or possibly a 2016 Pilot but after two weeks of test driving I couldn't find anything I liked better than my old Envoy. A Facebook friend suggested a Dodge Durango. I know they make nice trucks but I had no interest in driving a Dodge. So I sent my husband to drive it while I went wine tasting with my friends. When I got home my husband said I "Had to drive it, I would love it" I reluctantly took it on a test drive and within a mile down the road I knew I wanted it. It turns on a dime, so nice to get it into a parking space, shifts smooth as glass, sets you back against the seat a bit when you accelerate, heated seats first and second row, dual climate control passenger and rear, touch screen controls, dual power seats, third row seat, sleek, just wow, nothing but compliments and "is that a Dodge"? Every time someone sees it. ha ha. The remote start is fabulous, and I love the key fob. I can't forget my purse or the car won't start because I keep the key in there... lol. Starting it remotely with my phone hasn't worked so far but I hear that the program is not compatible with I phones. Getting 21 mpg even with my lead foot. I am a Realtor and Dodge offered Realtor rebates. Plenty of room for my signs and family with the third row seat. LOVE love Love, this rig. (We went with a Limited) model. *update. 14 months later. Still like the rig but the transmission feels loose or sloppy. When I take my foot off the gas and then back on it kind of jerks or clunks.

Love It!

Marcus, 02/23/2017
SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased this vehicle new for my business which involves mostly highway miles. The Durango is amazingly quiet (like my Lexus) and seems extremely well engineered. I average 29 mpg when warm and 24 when in winter conditions on the highway. It tows my 18 foot Lund and snowmobiles well and feels confident during slick road conditions. The 8 speed auto is very smooth. The 8 inch display is great, audio very good, backup camera and sensors spot on. Great looking vehicle that I receive many compliments on. I am very impressed and would highly recommend. Update: Now have nearly 60,000 miles on the Durango. LOVE IT! I have had no issues with the vehicle. Still getting great mileage for a larger AWD. Recently took a 300 mile trip, all highway, averaged 29.9 MPG. Occasionally use to tow my 18 foot boat. Pulls well. Just a great vehicle!

Visibility Outward Needs Improvement

L.L., 06/26/2018
SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Headlights leave MUCH to improve. I drive in rural area with no street lamps. LED Lights on high beam do not illuminate far down the road. If you attempt to execute turn at night, there is NO side illumination and you are turning into a black void. Poor visibility out front windshield where side posts block a lot of the road. Absolutely need backup camera to see any obstacles when reversing.

To Durango or not to Durango?

Audra, 12/22/2015
Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

My husband and I have expanded our family with a new baby so it was time to upgrade our vehicle. We looked at several SUV’s from Chevy to Toyota, crossing Buicks and Fords, we even visited the jeep. The Durango was the very first vehicle I drove (test) and none of the other really gave us what all we wanted not only in space and safety but also price and comfort. We also have a 21 foot camper we haul therefore whichever vehicle we bought would need appropriate towing capabilities. Our dealership really hooked us up with some awesome warranties and life time powertrain coverage (with stipulations). Thus our buying experience was very pleasing after 10 days of running around everywhere comparing. Now I have owned my new Durango for almost a month. My review…I love how it drives and hugs the road. My children have their own separate seats and there is no issue with crossing each other’s paths. I am pleased that if one of them turns on the lights in the back, it does not cause any distractions with my driving; I do not even know it’s on actually. Most of the extras like heated seats and multi adjusting seats are nice to have for convince and comfort. My husband is 6”6 and husky. I am 5”9 and a lil fluffy and we have plenty of room together no matter who’s driving. I can also sit in the back seat and tend to my newborn comfortably. Third row seats, my four year old love them. The GPS is a pain is the bottom though. It is one that I am working on figuring out. The voice recognition is not exactly my cup of tea. It’s like asking for a representative when you call the IRS… I do have a slight accent so I am not sure if this is the issue. Works good for making phone calls but if I want to go somewhere new I have to add 5 minutes to my itinerary to mess with it and pray I don’t hit it with a hammer. The Automatic high beams are not as punctual as I would like them to be. I feel I blind a quarter of the other drivers and another quarter thinks I am a vixen because the high beams flash on and off at times making it seem as though I am asking them to dim their light…thus I get flashed back. And last the rear hatch door does not seem to have a safety sensor for object in the way while it automatically shuts. So push the button and shuffle quickly out of the way. The good thing is, is that all my issues can be resolved by disabling them through the vehicles settings. I hope this helps anyone looking into this vehicle, as for me I will be keeping mine for a while!

12345...8