Used 2007 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Lovemydurango
By Lovemydurango

2007 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned Durangos for 20 years and a Dodge for 10 before that. I have only had 1 that was a lemon and the warranty on that one took care of its issues until I traded in on my first Durango. Although I was more impressed with the 2000 Durango that the 2007, I loved them both. I believe the advantage to the 2000 was it wasn't so high off the ground and of course as I age, climbing up into a vehicle gets harder. Also my interior package on my 2000 was so much more comfortable. I had the leather seats and it was a lot quieter ride. But I can say that I have been truly happy with them both. Love the 8 cyl, although as I am shopping not for new ones, see more of the 6 cyl...not sure I am going to be as happy with the 6 cyl. Love the get up and go on the 8. Overall, can't say enough good about them...

Really nice suv
By Eddie

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This Durango has been a great family car for us.

Great used car value
By mikey281

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The low resale value of these cars can be a real advantage when buying used and planning to keep it for a long time.

I have had my Durango Adventurer edition now for about a month and in that time I've put on about 2000 miles. The ride is smooth and quiet. The 4wd system worked well for driving on the beach to go fishing. I haven't had it long enough to know reliability but with most modern cars if you keep them up it should last 150k miles ++

Overall, especially for the price paid I am very happy with this vehicle.

********

They wanted me to update the review. I've had the Durango now for just over 2 years and I've put on about 35,000 miles. I haven't had any issues with it and I've only had to do oil changes, spark plugs, and tires.

The paint is still shiny and it doesn't have a spec of rust anywhere. The interior also is still in very good condition with the exception of the hard plastic that covers the seat belt ends.

Overall I'm still satisfied with my purchase considering the condition of the car and the price paid.

*******

Another update. I now have 70k miles on it of which I have put on 50k. The interior and exterior still look good and it is our go to vehicle for road trips. I have had zero problems with it other than a recall on the takata airbags.

LOVE our 2007 Durango!!
By reagle3

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased 4 years ago from a friend who had updated with high performance additions, fun to drive. Previous vehicle was Suburban, mpg and higher mtnce/tire costs expected on full size SUV. No mechanical issues; Dodge replaced gas cap due to recall. Towing power was more than adequate when pulling fullsize Uhaul trailer. Have to trade - either a bent valve stem or rod issue at 114,000 miles - even tho we used high octane (91) gas the last two years and synthetic oil - as far as we know. To be safe, use 93 octane and only synthetic oil. Never use ethanol even with flex fuel engine. Would buy it again! Tend to drive vehicles into ground - over 200k; will miss doing so with this vehicle.

Smooth ride for full size SUV; power - towing capacity; look - sporty; remote open on back door; awesome sound system; leather interior with all electric plus seat heaters

Storage space

Great Usage
By tlc872

2007 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my Durango for 4 years and it has not given me any problems. I find that the space is great for transporting my big family, and has not complaints.

My favorite features are the 6 disk player and DVD TV.