Used 2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Dakota for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

My Dakota

Mike B, 09/14/2010

Bought trk new, no major problems, fun to drive, water pump replaced but thats it, replaced the rotors and pads at 70,000 miles, installed vented and cross drilled rotors and pads , big diff in stopping,

My Smooth Dakota

Nigel Key, 08/07/2016
2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my 2004 Dodge Dakota for 13 years haven't gave me any trouble handle against other trucks. good with towing capacity is wonderful when I move. this truck has Powerful speed for a magnum 3.7 v6 I'm not going to sale or get rid of mine it Don't burn that much gas I've Recently got it painted Back to The same Color.

Very Pleased

wolfinblue, 03/27/2005

I love my Dakota! Nice and powerful and throaty sounding 3.7L V6. Towing my 17' boat is a breeze. 18,000 miles and no problems. It handles great and is very comfortable ride for a pickup. Road noise and wind noise is a little more than I would have liked, and factory stereo (Non Infinity) is a joke. Worst factory stereo I've heard on a modern vehicle. I have replaced the speakers and head unit and added a small Bazooka sub. Otherwise, I'm very pleased with this truck!

Power steering 2004 Dodge Dakota 2004

TAJL, 03/17/2010

At 53,000 miles the power steering has gone out, I have been told it will cost between $450.00 and $1500. If both p/s pump and rack are shot. I feel with only 53,000 miles and all the problems I have seen on the Internet this problem should be taken care of by the factory.

Too many problems

jwf, 12/31/2008

I have just turned 40k and have had too many problems. At 8k a cam sensor went bad, at 24 k the fan heating motor went out in January. At 40k cam sensor went bad again, and the wiring harness for the fan heating motor melted. the last one cost me $500 in repairs.

Great truck and has never let me down

Califroff, 01/24/2009

Owned this truck for almost 5 years, 115,000 miles. Still get 20 mpg on trips, 16 mpg in traffic. Except for tires, lube, fluid changes,and one taillight, have never had a thing that needed fixing. Still have the original battery. Parks outdoors 100% of the time and driven every other day. I over load it frequently and had it stuck so bad a front loader CAT had to lift me out. V6 and transmission just keep going. Better truck that the 1998 Dakota I owned previously. Interior has held up well and is still more comfortable than the Colorado or Rangers I've tried.

Can't beat a Dodge

Gatorman, 01/17/2009

I've own this little truck for 4 years now and been from Ga to Tx many times. Me being in the military and all. Only problem I have had is tires and that because I run them off going back and forth to Texas. Won't trade my truck for a Ford, Chevy or GMC.

Lemon

Brandon, 07/11/2005

This truck has given me trouble from day one, literally! It is a beautiful truck, but has had extensive computer, power steering, transmission, and recently, parking brake issues. Chrysler is not standing behind this truck, and the computer problem cannot be completely fixed, as I am still experiencing the same problems and 13- 14mpg all around...sounds good for a little 3.7L engine, huh? Needless to say, I will never buy another Chrysler product again. Neither will my Dodge-owning family, in which there has been a total of 11 new Dodge products owned. Thanks Chrysler!!

owned olded models + this 2004

pedersen, 12/23/2003

this truck has a good all around use, has power and fun to drive. This truck is not for long drives if your tall.

Damnit - Chrysler

James Logue, 04/21/2004

The MAJOR disspointment is the dealer could not alter the headlights so as to have daytime running light.

51050