Used 2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

love my truck
By Mark Mac

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

get a carfax to be sure never wrecked

My Smooth Dakota
By Nigel Key

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my 2004 Dodge Dakota for 13 years haven't gave me any trouble handle against other trucks. good with towing capacity is wonderful when I move. this truck has Powerful speed for a magnum 3.7 v6 I'm not going to sale or get rid of mine it Don't burn that much gas I've Recently got it painted Back to The same Color.

My Dakota
By Mike B

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Bought trk new, no major problems, fun to drive, water pump replaced but thats it, replaced the rotors and pads at 70,000 miles, installed vented and cross drilled rotors and pads , big diff in stopping,

performance is very good trk will get up and go if you get on it. have the 3.7 auto tranny, the 392 gears helps a lot, best mileage so far was 22 mpg on the highway drops to 17 in the city

I'd like to see better shocks as oem

Power steering 2004 Dodge Dakota 2004
By TAJL

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Sport Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

At 53,000 miles the power steering has gone out, I have been told it will cost between $450.00 and $1500. If both p/s pump and rack are shot. I feel with only 53,000 miles and all the problems I have seen on the Internet this problem should be taken care of by the factory.

Great truck and has never let me down
By Califroff

2004 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Owned this truck for almost 5 years, 115,000 miles. Still get 20 mpg on trips, 16 mpg in traffic. Except for tires, lube, fluid changes,and one taillight, have never had a thing that needed fixing. Still have the original battery. Parks outdoors 100% of the time and driven every other day. I over load it frequently and had it stuck so bad a front loader CAT had to lift me out. V6 and transmission just keep going. Better truck that the 1998 Dakota I owned previously. Interior has held up well and is still more comfortable than the Colorado or Rangers I've tried.