2017 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

cool
By Thomas Weinmeyer

2017 Dodge Challenger GT 2dr Coupe AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

gt package is the way to go,,,plenty of power, good fuel economy

My first flirtation with Dodge.....
By James McCracken

2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 2dr Coupe (6.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have always promised myself I would never own a Dodge due to pain and trouble a 78 Dodge power wagon 4x4 that my parents owned when I was growing up put us all through. That truck caused me to have to walk no less than 50 miles in my life due to break downs, so when I grew up I promised myself that I would never own a Dodge until I saw the Hellcat and did a test drive in own, unfortunately I had to let the salesman know that there was no way that I could possibly buy the Hellcat as if I did I would be arrested within 4 hours for excessive speeding, or worse. So he introduced me to the 2017 Scat pack, not quite the Hellcat but she can get the job done when I want her to, there are issues like Dodge not releasing parts for it so I can add the remote starter and the 4g internet, I am about to file a lemon law claim against Dodge based upon that issue.

Bring Back Hood Mounted Directional Indicators
By Paul Uccello

2017 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

My Challenger has been great - though I must confess that I only drive it for recreation. I have no complaints except to say that there are gives and gets with such a sleek body style...and you have to take the bad with the good. My only suggestion is to please reintroduce something that's been missing for years from Dodge muscle cars - namely, the hood mounted directional signals. Yes, i know, they were a styling feature on the charger, but they made these cars so distinctively Dodge that they are always sought-after by buyers of old Chargers First, are they intact, and second....do they still work? Agreed, this feature adds nothing to the functionality or safety of the vehicle (similar to sequential directional signals offered by Ford), but they're so darn cool...and so darn Mopar! I swear, if they were offered on new Challengers, I'd trade my 2014 in on a new one. How shallow and immature is that? But then again, isn't that what's it's all about?

Badass RT Plus Challenger
By jbats

2017 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This is a cool car for a woman or a man. I just happen to be a female so to me, if a man thinks your car is 'cool' then you have a stellar automobile. The car is powerful and extremely comfortable. I had an internal struggle to get an automatic with paddle shifts over a straight-up manual. Believe me, I don't feel like I'm 'missing' anything. I thoroughly enjoy the ride and since my car is loaded with goodies, I couldn't be happier with my choice considering the traffic to work and pleasure driving. This car will impress your speakfreak friends and I'm sure your older relatives for pure comfort alone!

This is the car you wanted when you bought the 5.7
By Jim

2017 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 2dr Coupe (6.4L 8cyl 6M)

This is a whole new world of driving. Forget about gas mileage. You will automatically become 18 years old again. Drive this before you buy the 5.7. It's worth the extra money. Plenty of used ones around to save some cash. Dealer incentives if you want new. Sport Mode will probably turn this into an interstellar space ship, haven't tried it yet. I purchased a 1970 Dodge Dart 340 in 1970 which was fast. This car is faster. Exhaust rumble will wake you up. This is a mini Hellcat with more power than you will ever need. Crazy fast.