Used 2016 Dodge Challenger 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Dodge Challenger 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker Consumer Reviews

392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker 6.4L V8 6-speed Manual - (9 reviews )

The Beast
By Art Scott

2016 Dodge Challenger 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker 2dr Coupe (6.4L 8cyl 6M)

I had flowmaster 40 mufflers installed along with a larger air intake. Also, I had the resonators removed. Now the acceleration is quicker & more responsive. The sound of the exhaust is what I always wanted, threatening but not obnoxious. The size is better then the Mustang & Camaro, which I enjoy.

Love my SPS
By LoveMySPS

I've owned many, many muscle cars over the years and one day I bought a '13 R/T+. After two years with that I new I wanted (needed) a 392 Scat Pack with that cool shaker hood. Without a doubt this is the best overall car I've ever owned! It smokes the tires with ease (as well as the competition), It is the best looking car on the market and the cool factor is beyond words. It cruises comfortably all day long with all the creature comforts but when you want it to go, it goes! You cannot go wrong buying a Challenger

Dann you Dodge Brothers!
By Rusty Johnston

I was not in the market for a new car. My wife and I spent 8 days at a hotel overlooking the Challenger / Charger lot at Dodgeland in Columbia SC last year. Morning after morning gazing out the window brushing my teeth I was drawn to the old school appearance of the Challenger. On day 6 after breakfast I suggested we walk off breakfast at that car lot behind us. We're not going to buy one, we're just looking... Well we came across a Scat Pack that grabbed our attention and asked for a test drive. First let me tell you, when the salesman fired it up with the remote start, oh my! My heart was racing. My wife took the first turn behind the wheel and barked the tires pulling out of the parking lot. The acceleration was unbelievable. The 8 speed transmission smooth and even more impressive down shifting when braking. When I got my turn I was very impressed with the steering and handling. The only negative that came from the test drive was the blind spots. I have become spoiled with the blind spot monitor on my F150 and was a feature that would be necessary for this vehicle. Unfortunately the only Challenger they had with that feature was an R/T. When the salesman fired it up for us to look at it, it was quiet, too quiet. Mary motioned with both hands for him pull that weak [non-permissible content removed] back into it's parking space. So now we were hooked (line and sinker) and the search was on! Monday we left for our return to KY. Checking dealer inventories I found some promising listings in Louisville. Well, we drove straight to the dealership and arrived minutes before closing and met the salesman that we had called hours earlier. Walking the lot we looked at the 2017's without excitement. Ready to call it a day the salesman remembered a 16 that was at an axillary lot with blind spot monitor. We followed him to the lot and pulled up to this beautiful beast. It was all I could do to keep a poker face for negotiations. What we had chanced upon was a 16 Challenger 392 Hemi Scat Pack Shaker with Blind Spot Monitor, Adaptive Speed Control, Sunroof, color Maximum Steel. Over the years we have owned Cameros, Mustangs, Chevelles, 442s, and none come close to the performance of Sweet Thing! Drive it, you'll love it!!

This will snatch your head back on acceleration!
By Sandy

This is the third challenger we have owned, kept upgrading from sxt, to rt and finally to our 392 scat pack shaker. I have always had a love affair with muscle cars, so my husband got me this car for my birthday. Don't be shocked that a lady drives a car like this, some women appreciate fine cars more than a lot of men do! I have owned mustangs and camaros, but as far as modern 'muscle' cars go the challenger has my heart. I love the retro styling. Whoever says challengers are slow cars clearly hasn't driven one! The 392 scat pack shaker is badged as a RT, but has the engine of an SRT. The 485 horsepower is awesome on acceleration and Lord have mercy the rumble of the engine. I love the looks I get when I start the car. I have even set off car alarms before when starting the car, yes it's that loud! I have a friend who has a ZL1 camaro and when she heard my car start she asked if my exhaust was stock (which it is) because it was impressively loud....louder than her aftermarket exhaust lol. So if you want a head turning, retro looking, loud, put you back in your seat on acceleration fast car then may I suggest the 392 scat pack shaker? It's a awesome car that you will love to drive!

More performance = more fun!
By GT2RT

I bought this Dodge Challenger after driving Mustang GT for the past 20 years. Since this model has the large 392 HEMI, it was a step up in performance as well as driving comfort. I'm a big fan of the "69" and "70" Mach I and the Dodge muscle cars from that era. Being able to capture that aggressive look with the bonus of the classic Shaker Scoop in a modern car convinced me it was time for a change. So far the car has had no issues and I look forward to driving it every day!