Used 2007 Dodge Caliber Wagon Consumer Reviews - 442 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Caliber Wagon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caliber model:

My piece of junk
By Tina

2007 Dodge Caliber Wagon R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I am very unhappy with my 2007 Dodge Caliber. I have had this car for just over 3 yrs and between me and the warranty thankfully that I got I have put over $10,000 in it and now the rear end is literally falling out of the car and the drive shaft is rusting out along with other issues. This car is not drivable and I still owe $6000 on it. A very upset caliber owner. What can I do. I am single and now I’m going to have to add what I still owe on this piece to whatever I buy.

A reliable compact commuter
By Glenn

2007 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

10 year old car hundred fifty thousand miles some repairs not bad.Exhaust rusted out replaced it with after market.Replaced the computer at 130,000 miles.Ball joints at a 100,000. Didn't touch transmission or engine and it currently has 147,000 miles.For a Chrysler product that's pretty good.Would another one definitely. By the way I do my own repairs they're quite easy to work on.

Worst. Car. EVER.
By Melissa

2007 Dodge Caliber Wagon R/T 4dr Wagon AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

If you're thinking about buying this car, read this first: RUN FOR THE HILLS AND NEVER COME BACK!!! This is the absolute worst car I've ever owned or even been in. Let's start from the top... It's extremely uncomfortable to be in for long periods of time. It's very loud to ride in - you can hear all the road noises and it almost sounds like the tires are bare even if they are brand new. The seat material is the WORST! They stain even from water, and they're just ugly colors. The whole interior design of this car is hideous, and really?? A cooler in the glove box?? How fat do we need to be, America, that you need a cooler for your canned sodas in your car? This car started stalling while driving or sitting at stoplights about a month into owning it. It also sputters if I filled the gas tank all the way up. I had to replace the engine mount TWICE - once before 100,000, and once at 150,000. I had to replace the cv joints after owning it for a year. If you go over a tiny speed bump it feels like you're driving a clown car going over really high railroad tracks. It's the most nauseating car to drive in or sit in. It has a hard time accelerating which is always fun going on the freeway. I'm not hard on my cars and had a Toyota Corolla and a Volvo that hit 200,000 and 350,000 miles, respectively. I bought this car because my Volvo went out and I needed something cheap immediately. Wow, what a mistake. Of course, I read the horrible reviews of this car after I bought it. There are people who think this car should have been recalled and I'm on that same boat. This is a wretched automobile that should have never been made. I bought a brand new Honda Civic and I'm never, ever going to buy an American car again. DON'T BUY THIS CAR!!!!

10 year review
By Tony S

2007 Dodge Caliber Wagon R/T 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I’ve had my caliber R/T for 10 years now, and overall it’s been a decent vehicle. Like a few others, I to had to replace the ball joints around 50,000 miles. I’ve replaced the battery twice. Replaced tires numerous times. Replaced the master and slave cylinder for transmission. That’s about it.

I bought the car used in 2007 with 14,000 Miles. The dealer had a number of calibers on the lot, but I wasn’t fond of any until I saw this one. It looked great (still does), was an R/T, plus had many of the SRT upgrade features. Finally, it was a manual transmission which I love.

Over the years, I’ve racked up more an 100,000 Miles on this car, and although I’ve had a few repairs, I’ve never regretted buying it. Any car 10 years old will be be in the shop sooner or later. Even with the expense of repairs, it’s been the most economical and reliable car I’ve ever owned. Time and time again it’s got me where I needed to be, and never let me down.

I was looking for a economical car when I found the Caliber. Many told me not to buy it, but those same people were spending thousands more on a car than I wanted to. I bought it anyway and have never regretted it. Maybe I was lucky. Maybe I found the only decent Caliber out there. I don’t know. I like to think I took care of her, and she took care of me.

Cheap car
By Alex

2007 Dodge Caliber Wagon SXT 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Don't buy this car, i bought a 2007 dodge caliber feomba friend of mine and ro my surprise mavis couldn't do the alignment saying that the front cradle is corroded beyond imagination. They told me that the part still under warranty so I went to the dealer in Connecticut, they inspected the vehicle and said that the part inbfact it was covered by the warranty but in order to replace that part they needed to replace al the rusted parts around the cradle, they didn't said broken parts, they said corroded parts. Finally they gave me a appraisal for $2, 500.00 in order for them to replace to part under warranry. I refused because to expensive. A local shop is charging me 1000 to replace the part, I have no choice but to do it, this under frame, cradle appears to be made of a really cheap metal...