2016 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

led running lights
By DAVE V

2016 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

led running lights going out / this is just wrong , they are more resistance to vibration / they are rated longer burning // BUT I HAVE NOT LOST A BULB IN MY TAIL LIGHT // SOUNDS LIKE THIS IS PLANED / LIKE BUYING AMERICAN/ BUT THIS MAKES YOU THINK

Not ready to make purchase
By BARB MAHONEY

2016 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Best decision was "going mini van"!
By Ted Hoffman

2016 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I are in our 50's and a new 2016 Chrysler Town & Country Touring just made sense to us. We're getting older, but still like to get around! The optional side steps are helpful getting in and out. I always drove a car, including a Chrysler 300C! The mini van offers the versatility of stow and go seats, tons of space for flea market purchases, great visability and a back-up camera. I don't like backing up a vehicle, so any safety aid helps me. We became first-time grandparents this year, so comfortable, safe seating is important. The DVD player is there to entertain. Must haves of heated seats and steering wheel warm my backside and hands quickly! The Town & Country is no sportscar, but rides smoothly and I feel confident behind the wheel. After several months of ownership, with short trips, two-hour excursions with carrying purchases and baby shower gifts, the conversion from people mover to delivery vehicle has been easy. There have been zero issues, and I'm happy with this mini van purchase.

Hate the sliding side doors
By Janet Boltz

2016 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I like the town and country but will not buy another until they do away with the sliding side doors. They do not last long even after you get them fixed. The side doors have to be manually opened and not sliding for me. Have also spent a lot of money fixing the air conditioner

Not for the Mountains (CORRECTED) Good Van
By Don Benedict

2016 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

There are only two gears, forward and reverse. The options for the transmission are : Park, Neutral, Reverse, and Drive. There are no lower gears to assist in braking when driving downhill. On a recent trip, we were returning from a family trip to Pagosa Springs in southern Colorado. When driving over Wolf Creek pass on Hi-Way 160, I could not shift to a lower gear when descending from the pass so had to ride the brakes to keep the speed down. The brakes apparently overheated and each time applied a loud rumbling from the brakes occurred. This is not a necessarily steep decline and is a well used Hi-Way. I was very concerned and will try to avoid the Colorado mountain roads while driving this vehicle.
CORRECTION: I HAVE NOW LEARNED HOW TO DOWNSHIFT. When the gear selector is in the 'Drive' position, tap the gear selector to the left to downshift and to the right to upshift back to drive. It is amazing that I did not know this feature even after researching the web and the drivers manual. It is an electronic shifting system.
Now, I like the van but wish the NAV system was better much like the Jeep Nav and phone system.