Used 2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

town and country away
By jmw

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 2 t&c's and I love driving the one I have as I did the one I had. the biggest problems: 1. power steering filter needs to be cleaned constantly or the whining sound is horrible. 2. The electronic they do go - motherboards, radio, lights inside, and 3. the paint jobs do not last. my van now looks a lot older than it is, the rust is horrible on the edges. the tinted windows have a ripple effect that is just horrible. the back seats no leg room for people and if all the back seats are in there is very little storage room in the back. I love driving it, long distance the gas usage is wonderful but in the city 15mpg is about the best I get.

Super pleased second owner!
By RUSS CLARK

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this van from an older couple who gave up driving and moved into a assisted living community. It has running boards on it which makes it helpful getting in for us older folks and gives the van a distinctive flair. This is the second 2006 T & C I have owned and it has not disappointed me in any way.

after 30years of driving Chrysler products.
By B. Hackbush

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the last one. 30k water pump, 55k AC compresser,60 k reposition Intake manifold, 50k replace rear AC coil, 60k Rack and pinion, 75k Frt brakes, 80k remove pan and put on right, 100k lower control arm fastner replaced[rusted out], Driverseat vinyl separation, 90k rear quarters and underbody rusting out, 115k replaced all flex brakes hoses because they were colapsing causing brake lock up. lousy car

Oldie But Goody
By Mikey

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my T&C when it was just turning nine years of age. It had 64,000 miles on it and it had been used by a suburban soccer mom type from northern NJ. It had a few issues but basically it seemed like a solid vehicle that ran good. I had to have the rear brakes, air conditioner and water pump repaired, plus a few minor repairs that I did myself, and since then it has been as reliable as any vehicle I have ever owned. It's now 11.5 years old and has 73,000 miles on it. Obviously I don't drive as much as I did in my youth but that means I don't worry as much about gas mileage which hovers around 16 mpg, 23 on long trips. I use synthetic oil and it burns a quart about every thousand miles.

good ol nellie
By JANICE JACKSON

2006 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car over 10 years, it hasn't given me any problems. The ride is so comfortable and when people get in and see the luxury it has they can't believe it. this has been the most reliable and cheapest car for upkeep I have owned. I have 150000 miles on it and it is still going strong. I have always kept it up if I have a small problem or any problem I take it right away and get it fixed. the oil has been changed every 3000 miles and the tires rotated every second oil change. I love this car but I wanted to get at least one more new one as I am 73 years old. I debated for two months and finally decided to get the new one. I am selling this one myself and hope that whoever buys it will take good care of nellie and enjoy her as much as I have. the gas mileage averages 22 miles a gallon, it has a 6 cylinder engine. In looking at several brands of cars I have had very little luck finding a car like I want with even that good of mileage, brand new. I use syntheic oil as the works are older and that makes everything tight again. It is a Chrysler town and country touring van and I got all the luxury items on it when I bought it. great car.