Used 1997 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews

Used Town and Country for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

BUY ONE!! You'll love it!!!

minivanowner, 01/31/2003
LXi 4dr Ext Minivan

We have had our van for 5 years and its been great! BUY ONE YOU'LL LOVE IT!!!

Same old Trasmissions

It's "Ok", 02/21/2003
LXi 4dr Ext Minivan

We sold our caravan after the transmission went out twice.The serviceman from the Chrysler dealership told us that Chrysler had fixed the problem aand these vans had no transmision problems,WRONG!. Ours went out at 73,000.If you buy this van just save up your money and count on the transmission going out as a fact of life.It also has electrical problems.The wipers come on by themselves sometimes.Overall I'ts a good van except for worrying about when the transmission will go out next.

Not the best . . .

cmilitel, 07/09/2003
LXi 4dr Ext Minivan

This vehicle looked very good when it was under warranty, but soon afterwards, multiple problems surfaced. Belts that required hours of labor to replace would break, brake systems requiring $6-700 repairs, air conditioning that never worked properly after about 50K miles. The electrical system was always suspect as well, with warning lights that came on randomly even when there was nothing wrong and windshield wipers that go on by themselves. I would not buy this or any other Chrysler product unless I knew I could get rid of it before the manufacturer's warranty expired.

this is a lemon

arceeagc, 08/16/2003
LXi 4dr Ext Minivan AWD

this is a lemon. less than a year after i bought this --a buzzing sound on the drivers side- at speed of 50mph.keep on bringing to dealer-they can't find the problem.you can't hear it on the freeway coz its too noisy overthere/now I'm immune already to this noise.Every 3 months I have to bring it to the dealer for some problems.they change already the 3 sensors. ; they change the pump. the master cylinder,the lock spring assy. the tension spring. what's next???

Never again!

Joelle Crahay, 09/05/2003
LX 4dr Ext Minivan

From the start I had problems with that car. One think after another...from major problems such as the AC condensor needing replacement to minor problems such as the mirror falling off while driving I was at the garage monthly the first year. I don't know why I didn't sell it right there, I kekt hoping things would improve. It never did.

12345...8