Used 2005 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

Gremlins
By Angela

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My Sebring started with driving down the road or just sitting in the parking lot, would start honking and the police were called because of the noise it was causing at my house in the drive way at 2am. Took it in 6 times before the problem was fixed. Never got an answer to what caused it. It made wierd noises everytime I turned it off. The inside lights would dim and brighten by themselves. Until finally the motor froze up and stopped. The repair man AND the insurance company told me that vehicle is one of the worst of that year. I probably will never buy another Chrysler.

My first soft top
By Mitch Mitchell

2005 Chrysler Sebring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for ten years and my wife drove it to work every day. Eight years ago my daughter turned 16 and drove it to high school and college. My son just turned 16 and I am not turning him loose in a convertible. I have had no problems with the car and would keep it if I wasn't afraid of him getting hurt.

Bad Boy Blue
By Thomas Miller

2005 Chrysler Sebring Limited 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a very reliable car. Just do the maintenance required, and this thing will start and run every time. This is one of the most dependable cars I have ever owned. And I have found that it is a great platform for upgrading. I've added a few items to it, and I get lots of compliments. If you get one of these things, you'll be very happy. Zoom zoom.

2005 Chrysler Sebring GTC Convertible
By bluesman53

2005 Chrysler Sebring GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

When I bought my Sebring it was in 2006 and was a 1 year old Used Card with 27,000 miles. I have now had it 9 years and have put 40,000 miles on myself to bring the mileage to date to 67,000. It has been very reliable with the exception of the Rear Window Defroster that breaks every summer putting the top up and down. I chose not to replace the window. I am still using the factory Brakes, they will be replaced soon as they are at 5/32" on the Pads! At 66,500 miles I replaced the Ignition Switch. Other than general maintainance (Oil Changes, Tires, Battery) it has been a very dependable vehicle and a Blast to drive in the summer! I plan on keeping it many more years!

Favorite features..... The Convertible top!!! I replaced the stereo with a State of the Art Kenwood System which is Awesome!It has very quick acceleration. I will be replacing the OEM tail lights this summer and installing LED Tail lights.

Fix the Rear Window Defroster! Wire is way too short as the normal operation of opening and closing the Roof breaks the wire every year!! Also the cup holders are in a bad place and the space for bottles and cups is not very tall!

I LOVE my Sebring!
By maggiemae129

2005 Chrysler Sebring Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my 2005 Touring Edition for nearly ten years. I will be selling it now to put some money towards the SUV that I really needed for my lifestyle. I had hoped to keep both, but my finances won't allow it. I will miss this little convertible dearly.

Cons - none.
Things I have fixed/replaced - window motor (due to water getting in the door too many times), rear tie-rod ends, engine light has been on for like two years due to O2 sensor (have not fixed). Tune-up/flushed all fluids, etc at about 100,000 miles.
Car has 139,000 miles and I believe it will go many more.

Looks great, handles well, driver and front passenger seat comfort, stereo sound, low maintenance.