Used 1998 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews

Used Sebring for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

My First Car

Hannah, 01/04/2016
JXi 2dr Convertible

I had a 1998 Chrysler Sebring JXI Convertible as my first car and it was so beautiful. This car gave me some trouble when parts of the engine went bad and slowly each part went bad. This car handles poorly in the snow but that could have been due to my tires. The break sometimes wouldn't be able to be pressed, which is a problem among Chrysler, but was fixed. I bought this car for 3500 and put more than that into it with repairs. This car handled damage well. I had hail damage which was almost unnoticeable due to the metallic paint job. I was in one minor fender bender when I slid on ice and hit another car. My car only had scratches on the bumper where the other car was dented in. I had my second accident in it which totaled it when I slid on ice and collided with 2 other cars. This car is very sturdy and kept me safe inside the car while taking the impact of 2 cars, one of which was while I was stationary and was a head on collision. This car is built strong! This car has poor gas mileage and one of my speakers blew out when I don't listen to my music that loud.

Best car I've owned

Dennis, 01/02/2009

I bought this car in 2000 with 30,000 miles on it. I have only done expected repairs (brakes, tires, battery, timing belt, oil changes) and one unexpected repair (starter motor at 60,000 mi.). I think the Mitsubishi V6 engine has a lot to do with the reliability. I get 24 mpg combined with I think is pretty good for a 10 year old car. This has been a trouble free car. It now has 144,000 mi and the engine makes a little bit of lifter noise. People complain of the squeaks, but I don't think it is any noisier than other convertibles I have owned.

electrical mess

sheila grames, 06/04/2002

I had electrical problems since 55K miles. Rear defrost broke several times. In the shop every two months for electrical problems. Seat handle broke. 3 batteries in the car. (engineers dont know where the drain of the battery is coming from. ( no help at all) I take great mechanical care of my car.. I cant help that it has electrical problems. I give this car a 1.0 on dependability. I have heard many chrysler owners complain of electrical problems with these cars.

Piece of Crap

George R, 06/25/2002

I bought this car new for my wife. She loves it - I hate it. It has 35000 miles on it and this is what we have had to have done: Numerous leaks in the convertible top, 3 sets of front rotors and pads, both door straps, head gasket (!), timing chain and emissions control computer. I have never had a car with so many problems. Still doesn't run right. I take very good care of my cars and this is what we got from Chrysler. I also had a 97 Intrepid ES - great car but then I got a 99 Intrepid ES - piece of crap also. Chrysler, you have a problem!!

Fun and Comfortable

oldschooldevil, 05/26/2010

I just bought this car about a year ago and it has been a great car. I bought it from a guy and he sold it for $800. NOTHING is wrong (surprise, surprise) It is a lot of fun to drive and it looks great even with the top up or down. This car is very dependable and it has even made me think about getting a new Sebring when this one finally gives out. And that I highly doubt! For a 12 year old car, it is highly modern inside and out. I love the stock sound system and the way it drives. I will continue to take good car of it and I'm sure it will take good care of me. Greatest investment yet.

12345...11