Used 1998 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews

Used Sebring for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

'98 Sebring Coupe

Katsalumnus, 04/21/2007

I've had this car for more than nine years. I have only had normal wear and tear maintenance on it. I am a medium frame woman and the cockpit and placing of instrument panel is comfortable and useful.

20 years of highly reliable service

Dave, 11/17/2015
JXi 2dr Convertible

We bought this car new in June of 1998, as an anniversary present to my wife. It has been a totally reliable, trouble free vehicle in 150,000miles. Aside from regular normal maintenance, the car has never been in the shop for repairs. Garage kept all it's life, the original top lasted 16 years - top material was stil good, but the threads in the seams began to fail. No rust. Leather seats, carpet, etc. still appear near new. No complaints-it was driven daily for the first 10 years. She's become a garage queen in the past several years. Probably never sell it at this point. Bought a twin to it for our grand daughter several years ago, which has also been a reliable car.

Disappointed

isis12, 09/02/2011

My 1998 Sebring LXi had 95,000kms on it when I bought a few weeks ago and it has a V-6 2.5L engine, it also looks like new. The exterior looks very sharp and sporty, it's fun to drive, and the interior also looks very sharp, with big buttons that are placed intelligently. The seats in this car are very stiff and no matter how much the driver's seat is adjusted there is no comfy way to drive this car. This car has terrible fuel economy because my sister who owns a Grand Am with a 3.1L gets less than 10L/100km in the city while my car gets 11L/100km on the highway and my car has a considerably smaller engine. This car has already cost me $1000+ in repairs. I would not recommend this car.

Great First Car for Teens!

Kaylee, 05/03/2009

My dad bought me this car as my first, and it's been great. I've learned a lot about cars by owning it, with the typical breaks here and there (Such as coolant plugs going out, probably due to un-adult driving before me. The window motor broke, and was fairly easy to replace with my dads help.) The car has really has taken a beating, and still remains reliable and loyal. Even when I got into a fender bender, the car still ran wonderfully, and didn't have any mechanical damage when hit on the drivers front fender at 20MPH. The parts were easy to find. It's a fun, fairly safe car, and great for a first car.

Stay away

D Reynolds, 02/11/2004

DO NOT BUY THIS VEHICLE... is all I can say. I only bought it a few months ago and have nothing but transmission problems and brakes problems and now it is making all kinds of rattle noises. I wish I could take it back.....

12345...11