Used 1998 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chrysler Sebring Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

My favorite car
By Angie

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

At only 109,000 miles, mechanically great. I can't wait to fix cosmetic things now. I love the slap stick transmission, even though it took me years to learn it was there.

My First Car
By Hannah

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

I had a 1998 Chrysler Sebring JXI Convertible as my first car and it was so beautiful. This car gave me some trouble when parts of the engine went bad and slowly each part went bad. This car handles poorly in the snow but that could have been due to my tires. The break sometimes wouldn't be able to be pressed, which is a problem among Chrysler, but was fixed. I bought this car for 3500 and put more than that into it with repairs.
This car handled damage well. I had hail damage which was almost unnoticeable due to the metallic paint job. I was in one minor fender bender when I slid on ice and hit another car. My car only had scratches on the bumper where the other car was dented in. I had my second accident in it which totaled it when I slid on ice and collided with 2 other cars. This car is very sturdy and kept me safe inside the car while taking the impact of 2 cars, one of which was while I was stationary and was a head on collision. This car is built strong!
This car has poor gas mileage and one of my speakers blew out when I don't listen to my music that loud.

Old, but totally reliable
By Dave

1998 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible

We bought this car new in 1998, and it has been a totally reliable, trouble free vehicle in 130,000 miles. Aside from normal maintenance, the car has never been in the shop for repairs. The technology for it's time was good. Garage kept all it's life, the original top lasted 16 years - top material was good, but the threads began to fail. Original Michelin tires went 90,000 miles-she's still on her second set of tires and brakes, just installed 2nd replacement battery. Plugs, hoses, belts, timing belt changed a couple years ago at 115,000. Leather seats, carpet, etc. still appear near new. No complaints-it was driven daily for the first 10 years. She's become a garage queen in the past several years. Probably never sell it at this point. Bought a twin to it for our grand daughter 3 years ago. It has also been trouble free.

First Car
By sebringbaby

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I had gotten my Sebring, almost 2 years ago. After the first year, It started turning off when I was driving it back and forth to school. We took it to many mechanics and they said that they couldn't find what was wrong with it. But quite a few said it might be the fuel pump. It is a good car over all. I loved it when my parents first pulled it in the parking lot.

Sporty Look. Sound of the exhaust when taken off. ( I love that sound ) Leather Seats, Sunroof.

Money Pit
By joey_r

1998 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2dr Coupe

I've had my '98 Sebring Lxi for 3 years now. I've sunk around $2500 into it. Had to replace the upper passenger side control arm, alternator, timing belt, computer, fuel pump & lines, and both tie-rods. Cheapest tire replacement was $121 each.

I love the aggressive style of the car and the interior but all the money into it is not worth it.