Used 1996 Chrysler Sebring JXi 2dr Convertible Consumer Reviews

None for sale nearby. Instead:

Original Owner

LegalEagle, 06/04/2004
JXi 2dr Convertible

I am the original owner and took care of it since day 1. Problems with brakes needing replaced every three months or so after 36,000. Has over 105,000 and am now having problems ... distributor needs replaced, tune up cost $600, did not pass emissions testin, engine idles rough, had to replace electonic circuit board because tach and odometer stopped working ($600 repair). Stereo shorts out. Parts are expensive but the car is fun to drive. I will be selling within the next 6 months and do not plan to buy another. Too expensive to maintain.

I don't see the problems everyone has???

money1973, 12/11/2002
JXi 2dr Convertible

I bought my JXi w/ 74K miles on 11/01 and thought I would have the typical "Chrysler" problems. 13 months later has 89,300 and I couldn't be happier. It ALWAYS starts and never left me stranded. Temps can get to -15 in winter and the 2.5 V6 always starts instantly. The only repairs, new wheel bearings and tranny cooler lines. The valance on the bottom of the rear window has separated from the glass, but the it's only an appearance item so no water leaks. I do dread the $1300 100,000 mile tune up and timing belt change. I don't baby my cars and this JXi just keeps running. Could I have the only reliable Chrysler Sebring JXi ever built??!! LOL!

Bad car

teresa, 03/21/2008
JXi 2dr Convertible

I bought this brand new put over 115,000 miles on it in 6 yrs before the engine caught fire. Not to mention right after warranty expired the AC froze up and tore up the serpentine belt rendering us helpless on Interstate in Arkansas..the LED readout for mileage went out in year 2 and the convertible leaked horribly from year 4.

Fun but not worth the trouble

Bob D, 07/30/2009
JXi 2dr Convertible

After reading other reviews it has become apparent to me that my experience with the Sebring is somewhat typical. In general, lots of things need tweaking and repairs are costly and frequent. 125k miles - replaced/repaired - panel cluster - many radio components - brakes through and through - fan assembly - soon to replace the rubbers that seat the spark plug tubes (rough idle - arcing) gotta remove the engine cover... we all know what that can cost. Lots of rust spots on the way. When I buy a used car the next time I will consult Edmunds first. Sebring - not again, but the car still remains a head turner. Too much invested to sell but worried what will go next.

Love It!

joes, 02/24/2003
JXi 2dr Convertible

Bought this JXI convertible with 25,000 mi on it. It now has over 100,000 mi and has had no major problems. Very reliable and as smooth and good looking as the day I bought it. Only real problem has been the tach going out.