Used 2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser Wagon Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used PT Cruiser for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Nice car, nice price

jim, 10/03/2009
4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Mine is an AUTOMATIC, not manual. This site did not have that as a choice for the LX base model. The base model had all the options I needed. I was not expecting to buy a PT, originally I was looking for a small pickup with crew cab. But truck prices were too high so eventually I looked at and drove the PT. I liked it. Good visablity, comfortable seats, roomy interior, lots of cargo space, seems to be well made. Suspension is firm but not harsh, cabin is pretty darn quiet, might even be quieter then my Crown Vic. It has the electronic mileage readout and in town looks to run around 19 mpg and in mixed commuting type driving about 23 mpg. Engine power is adequate.

still nothing like it

sam, 03/07/2018
4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

take your time, find one that has low miles.i purchased my 2009 pt , in 50,000 miles the only needed repair was fan assembly and cam position sensor ( cheap easy fixes). this car has been magnificent, i am 6'3 250 lbs. easy car to get in and out of and easy to drive. wish it had a little more power ,but besides that i would highly recommend.

PT CRUISING

Ed Glowacki, 03/10/2019
Touring 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A very well designed interior . Amazing amount of space , more than a CRV by far . Excellent forward visibility as you do ride high like an SUV. Maintain it and it's just as reliable as any other car today .

Huge carrying capacity for the long haul

Jim Beazley, 06/10/2018
4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

You’ll hate the turning radius and gas mileage but will be amazed how much you can haul! She started until her battery failed her, a couple of times over a 9 year ownership. Never, ever understood how a car with such a small engine could get such poor gas mileage. A shame Chrysler did fix obvious flaws instead of abandoning the line. Overall, a great car!

Became unsafe to drive at 75,000 miles

klou, 08/02/2019
4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2009 PT Cruiser in December of 2016. The odometer showed 74,000 miles. It was a great car until March of 2018 and about 75000 miles. It started randomly shutting down without warning while I was driving. I took it to a reputable repair facility and it would not replicate the problem. After a couple of months it started doing the same terrifying thing. I took it to another reputable repair facility and was assured the problem was solved. After another couple of months it started shutting down while driving again. I googled "problems with 2009 PT Cruiser" and got to the NTSB website where I found several complaints identical to mine. I'm now buying a Certified Preowned Toyota or Honda less than three years after paying thousands of dollars for a car that is not safe to drive.