2021 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Consumer Reviews

$40,620

Save as much as $1,033
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Chirping Noise issue - Not reliable car/company

D Vora, 04/15/2021
Hybrid Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid EVT)

I have a 2021 Pacifica hybrid which is less than 30 days old and has 206 miles but makes chirping noise when I drive over 30 mph. It's very annoying, and the dealership admits the noise by stating, "verified that there is a small noise between 30 MPH and 60 MPH that is constant.", but the Chrysler (FCA) field technician denies abnormality by the statement below; "FTA test drove and evaluate this vehicle and compared to multiple hybrids. The tech advisor stated there are no abnormal noises in this vehicle, and there is nothing out of normal parameters. No further action required". Several other Pacifica hybrids make similar noises doesn't make noise normal. The critical point to note here is not all 2021 hybrid Pacifica makes the noise. My relative purchased the same car in the Bay area in March 2021, and that car doesn't make the chirping noise. Also, I test drive another 2021 Pacifica hybrid at a different dealership where the car was not making the chirping noise. My car was in Chrysler shop on day six from my purchase date at 56 miles odometer reading for ten days. They didn't resolve the above issue by saying noise is not abnormal as other Pacifica hybrid make the same noise. I strongly suggest an extended test drive before buying the car. I tried to return the vehicle on the third day at 56 miles when I realized that the noise is a fault and not a hybrid noise as to how the dealer sold it to me, but the dealer or FCA both refused. FCA is not reliable as the dealer admits the noise, but the FCA technician just approves the noise as few other (not all) cars make a similar noise. I do not get a peaceful ride due to this chirping noise. I am also concerned about some mechanical or electrical issue developing, which nobody is able to detect at this point. I can share the video clip of the noise issue if you are interested. I am not sure if this noise's root cause will develop any mechanical problem or not, and I am frustrated that a brand new car with hefty price tag has a fault, and FCA and their designers are not doing anything about it.

Amazing Vehicle &Hybrid is the Best Tax Deduction

Pacifica Hybrid Family, 01/14/2021
Hybrid Pinnacle 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid EVT)

We have about 500 miles on the 2021 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle and love it! It looks great outside and the interior in the Pinnacle trim is incredible. My wife always said she would never drive a minivan but the Pacifica changed her mind. It is fully electric for 32-35 miles and then turns into a hybrid, so far we are still on the original tank of gas (with no need to fill up any time soon) after two weeks and 500 miles - you couldn't say that about many 7 passenger vehicles. It is not only efficient and interesting being electric but also very comfortable and nice to drive. In the Pinnacle trim level (top trim level) you get more features for a $52-53k msrp than you do in a $70-100k SUV, it has really high end leather, full glass roof, heated & cooled seats & heated steering wheel, rear screens that allow kids to play games with each other, adaptive cruise control, lane assist, parking assist (it can almost drive itself) and pretty much any other feature you could ask for. The only downside to the hybrid version is that you loose the stow and go seats, no rear heated seats, no vacuum and you can't get the larger wheel package. But being fully electric on most trips around town while being able to carry 7 people comfortably makes up for that. With young kids it is so much more practical and easier to get in and out of than a three row SUV. In addition to being a great vehicle for anyone with young kids, it is also a 6,000 pound GVWR so it qualifies for the current 100% bonus depreciation or section 179 depreciation plus being all electric it also qualifies for the $7,500 federal income tax credit. If you use it in your business and can make use of the full $7,500 tax credit it ends up being the greatest bargain on four wheels with a third row of seats on the planet! We needed to buy a new car prior to the end of 2020 to get bonus depreciation and almost ended up buying a Mercedes GLS or Cadillac Escalade ESV, both very nice SUVs but the Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle is so nice when we found one in the color we wanted on December 31st the Pacifica won over very nice SUVs that cost a lot more.

BEST THING EVER

Monty, 01/27/2021
Hybrid Pinnacle 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid EVT)

We've been waiting for a year for the 2021 with the upgrades to the technology and small redesigns and it is much better than expected. The Hybrid Drivetrain functions much better that our 2014 Prius v. What is not mentioned enough is that the EV motor will operate up to highway speeds until the battery is drained low. The interior comforts and technology is everything that you could ask for and more. The only time we've really heard the Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) running is when the battery level dropped too low to run on its own. Other than that it is almost imperceptible to tell when the ICE is engaged outside of hard acceleration. There are no noises from the CVT. The looks of the van are stunning inside and out. I recommend getting the sunroofs, to add light into the van. We opted for the 2021Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle, so the trim, headliner, and carpets are black, which helps with kids, but the sunroofs bring light inside without worries of the interior staining. The $7500 tax rebate gives hou a free hybrid for the regular gas only version. Chrysler's 0% financing + $3,750 Chrysler Rebates (another $2k if you don't use 0% financing) + $1k Chrysler Incentive for signing up for emails made the purchase a rather easy negotiation. The Rebates & Special Financing expire 2/1/2021 unless Chrysler brings it back. So don't wait, as supply is low and demand is very high. Our only problem is that we could get the van in tax year 2020. But don't rely only on my word, take a test drive and be blown away!

Unreliable for a brand new car

PacificaPLUGIN, 05/27/2021
Hybrid Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid EVT)

The car works great when running. Unfortunately it was built at the height of the pandemic and is riddled with quality control problems. The company has not been forthright about software problems that make the car inoperable. My 2021 model required major repairs after only 800 miles of driving.

anyone having trouble with transmission dial

Eugene Fowler, 04/20/2021
Hybrid Touring L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid EVT)

We love our Pacifica Hybird except there have been times when vehicle is in run does not move. Have to shut off and restart which has worked so far. Belive it might be related to transmission dial. Vehicle does not immediately respond to dial change. Long hesitation.