Used 2008 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pacifica model:

Piece of junk
By Cliff Fortuno

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

The Pacifica is a piece of junk! The vehicle has had electrical problems where the dashboard lights first flicker, the radio goes static before finally the engine abruptly dies. It happens when driving in the freeway and in city roads. Replacing the transmission module, battery and cables as recommended by mechanics did not help at all. It is very unreliable. Besides that, the handling is like that of a school bus. The gas mileage is also pretty bad. I wouldn't buy a Chrysler product again.

Mom is Happy
By Happy daughter

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

The adjustable foot pedal sold it. Safe and comfortable. Mom is over 80 and still going strong. Short but she can reach with the pedal and wheel adjusted.

Still Happy.

Great driving experience!
By twistedtoes

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Limited 4dr Wagon AWD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I, for the life of me can't understand why Chrysler stopped building such a great driving experience of the Pacifica. I'm totally amazed at how well this piece of equipment handles itself on the highway as well as in town. It's not sluggish when you want to pass another car and the fact that it's interfaced with Mercedes - Benz technology only adds to the driving experience. I just paid mine off, so the ride just got better!

Luxurious interiors of leather, heated seats, dual climate controls (front, middle and rear) all of the bells and whistles I could get for this unique vehicle. I would tell people that my Pacifica had everything in it but a Coke machine and ice maker. Great handling. The 4.0L engine acts more like it's turbocharged when you need the power to get moving. Love the 6 speed tranny, it gets lots of use when going down steep roads in town - saves on the brakes. Backup cameras and the automatic rear door hatch and it came out before anyone else even thought about it.

I think the only thing that Chrysler can do to make things better for this fine automobile is to start making them again. Truly one of the better driving experiences I've had in a long time.

I was foolish enough to get rid of 2004...
By chinatown

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I had thought it was using oil. However, I later found out that it is normal with these cars as the lighter weight which improves the mileage is the reason.

Oh well.

Anyway an earlier post indicated the MP3 problem.
I also experienced same. I later found this solution, after I had traded it in.

Hope this is viewed by the current owners.

Finally getting rid of it.
By robrob1

2008 Chrysler Pacifica Wagon Touring 4dr Wagon (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Only the tip of the Iceberg. After 3,000 miles, they tried to fix the dreaded chronic transmission problems . (do a Google search).The sight of seeing the tranny in pieces from my new car made me regret my purchase instantly. They never really fixed the problem, so I was frustrated for 48 months. This car is also a MAJOR GAZ GUZZLER. In cold weather, the ''dual-exhaust'' system makes an unbelievable racket. Radio controls (and sound) are worthy of a '70's Corolla, cheap plastic and all. The idea for this car was right, but implementation was an unfinished nightmare. Too bad, it was full of promises. Pros: good ride, seats ok, roomy. Returning it next week, at long, long last. Good riddance.

Ride quality. Felling of safety you get when riding in a tank. Seats are only comfortable when you find the correct driving position, which is hard to do.

Improvement on the cheesy radio controls. Confusing heat/vent layout. Put in a worthy transmission. Put in an extra overdrive gear. Better quality rubber around the doors. Improve gas mileage. Trim down the weight of the car. Make electric hatch opening standard. Make plugging-in an MP3 player possible. (even the cheapest econo-box has this). I'm stopping here, this car is no longer made after all, but I could fill a book.