Used 2003 Chrysler Concorde Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Concorde for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

2.7 L engine failure

TanyaB, 06/23/2010

I bought this car 6 years ago and was very pleased with it at first. A very nice ride and handled nicely in bad weather. For the most part, it had been a good car. Then, out of nowhere the check engine light came on and before we could get it in to the shop, the car completely died. Our mechanic told us that it was complete engine failure due to oil sludge. Keep in mind, the car doesn't even have 90,000 miles on it yet and oil was changed regularly. I have since found out by doing some research that Chrysler vehicles with the 2.7 L engine are prone to major engine issues even at relatively low mileage due to defects in engine design. Do some research before buying!

I love my Concorde Ltd

mhjjr, 11/24/2002

This is a replacement for a 1999 LHS. I am extremely satisified with my new auto. I has the standard features I wanted and fully expect this auto to be as trouble-free as my 1999 LHS which I traded in at 74,000 miles.

Disappointed

Dan, 09/19/2005

I bought the car with 29,000 miles on it and have had it in the shop several times and have just now reached 39,000 miles. Several evaporative emisson problems and now a shifting sensor/valve in the transmission. I bought this car because the '97 LHS I had was such a pleasure to own. We may just have ended our love affair with Chrysler!

Used comfort comes at a price, over and over again

Computer Guy, 01/16/2017
LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The Chrysler Concorde is fairly stylish for a sedan. The huge windshield and low hood is great. I've owned this car for 5 years and put 75,000 of the 175,000 on the odometer. I the past 5 years I've replace the TRANSMISSION (twice) and the ALTERNATOR. The other parts were just due to normal wear and tear, and those being the brakes, tires, wheels, headlights (excessively foggy), windshield, battery, and two radiator reservoirs bottles.

Chrysler

Rose, 05/04/2010

Since I had the car it has been a money pit. The final straw was after putting 3K (in two months) into the car the motor blew. The dealer just worked on the car in January ($1006) because of a valve that let to the engine light coming on. Something to do with emissions. I have had many cars, I have never had a motor blow. The car was regularly maintained. this is my first and last experience with a Chrysler product.

Great Family Car

Scott George , 05/17/2007

My Concorde is the best driving car I've ever owed. The only problems are its to low to the ground for large folks like me. It is missing hand holders on the front passenger side which are needed. The body style is boring. The car rides great and it loves highway speeds. The car feels very safe which is good going at highway speeds.

2003 Concorde LXi

John , 07/21/2008

Bought new, used as a sales vehicle, and kept it as the family sedan. Great ride and plenty of room makes it excellent for long road trips. Replaced wheel bearing under warranty, transmission cooler leak at 46K, new catalytic converter at 80K, other than that, rock-solid reliable. This car is a pleasure to drive and own

Over 40k

Not so happy, 01/01/2006

Car did ok until it hit 40k, then things started to go wrong - sway bar bushings (common problem), transmission cooler leak (common problem I'm told, expensive to fix) and so on. 7/70 warrenty doesn't cover any of these things.

Chrysler Concorde

wbnet, 11/27/2002

This car is great for long trips.It Has a powerful engine. THere is a lot of space for tall people and a huge trunk for traveling.

Babies new car

okteltim, 02/11/2003

I have been looking at all the new SUVs and larger sedans until I saw the Concord on the internet. I have a new grandson and the two door vehicle that I did have was not very well suited to handle the required baby car seat. The LXI is very comfortable riding vehicle especially in the back seat.

51050