Used 2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 711 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

I Stole This Beast!
By jersey guy

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan C Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Second 300, this one is a Hemi. The salesman told me it was driven by an old lady, of course it was! Truth is I met her and it was all true. Her husband died and she had to get rid of it. It has 11,965 miles !! Every option and it is very fast and very comfortable. I just back from a trip to Vegas, averaging 75 MPH. At 110 degrees out with the A/C on I still averaged 22 MPG. I only use Regular gas and it runs fine. This is a keeper for a long time. Buy one, they are out there for good prices. You won't regret it!

Nav, Stereo, heated seats (I will use them this winter) MPG and uses Regular gas! Comfort and smooth ride

It's all good

Great Car
By Vballer1

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan C Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my 300 since it had 2500 miles on it, it now has 55,000 and I've never had an issue with it. The only expense I've had is oil changes and tires. It's not as nice as a BMW, Mercedes etc. but you will not have to pay for costly repairs. Again, is not as smooth a ride as other luxury vehicles or as nice, but not having the head aches make it worth buying.

The exterior, it has a beautiful body which can be modified if you're into that. From wheels to Grills, you can make your 300 look as nice as you want.

Interior needs improvement, it looks great on the outside, but once you get on the inside you realize you're driving a Chrysler. If they could make the inside as nice as the outside they would have a perfect vehicle!

Great value and performance
By PU

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan C Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just completed my 6th year of ownership with my 300C. I had to have one and bought when it was introduced and you had to grab 'em off the truck at full MSRP. great performance, comfort and reliability has been solid. only issues: eats tires and suspension is getting soft all else works like new

8-way seat adjustment, comfortable ride, tech features, stereo, strong braking and great power from the Hemi

suspension is shocks are softening at 60k miles.

Great car
By marlonm

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan C Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have 121,000 miles on my 300C and still love the car. In general, it has been reasonably reliable and is certainly fun to drive. I would buy one again.

MDS engine which combines great power with reasonable fuel economy. Love the satellite radio and cell phone bluetooth. Very clean instrument layout - easy to read and use. Still have original brake pads - love the brakse

Wish it had a light that let me know when it was in MDS mode so I could consciously improve fuel economy. Auto rain-sensing wipers are great idea but work inconsistently; touch screen navigation would be an improvement

My Experience
By G1NA3C

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan C Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Exterior aesthetic appeal is undeniable, however interior budget cuts are evident. Leather is cheap, and not supportive - sadly MOPAR engineers have yet to achieve a benchmark ride akin to Cadillac/Lincoln. However as prior owners of both, neither can compare to the pure acceleration and road manners of 5.7/340hp 300C. Approaching 100k (5W20), w/ no mechanical problems to mention. Still avg range 320City/+400hwy varied elevation/region/driving conditions including snow. Very powerful, compliant, and forgiving platform. Thoroughly do the research and test drives, the Hemi is kicking with class leading fuel economy. On a more juvenile level, it just feels good.

HEMI Exterior styling V8 Fuel Ecomomy (MDS) Avg 420mi cruise range Low operating cost - Maintain Minor scratches don't hurt as bad.

-MOPAR bloodlines, need more Damlier influence toward seats. -Veh idles rough, almost lobes; dealer identified design flaw.