Skip to main content

Used Venture for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...11

Pros
Cons
4.13 out of 5 stars

Love It!!!

Anna, 10/05/2002
LS 4dr Ext Minivan

I have had my van for 3 years now, and my husband wants me to trade it in for a new sporty SUV. I can't-I have not found anything that compares to my van. I prefer the van to the SUV's. The van has everything I would want in an SUV (except the 4-wheel drive) for half of the price.

2.5 out of 5 stars

Manifold Gasket Failure

mariposaken, 05/08/2002
LT 4dr Ext Minivan

Until now, I've been pretty happy with my 1999 Chevrolet Venture LT. But on May 6, 02, I found out that the manifold gasket has failed & replacement gaskets are on a nation wide back order. Service at Anderson Chev. in Los Gatos, CA have no idea when the repair will be made. I have a rental car for the duration. I was told the manifold is made of aluminum & the engine block is made of cast iron. The two metals expand and contract at different rates stressing the manifold gasket. Long term prognosis: frequent manifold gasket replacement.

4.25 out of 5 stars

Underrated Minivan

TheKidd, 06/02/2002
LS 4dr Ext Minivan

I have been shopping for a minivan for the last 6 months. I've done tons of research, test drove many vans.When I drove the Venture I was sold. Chevrolet has done a poor job of marketing this vehicle, I think it is a more sturdy and solid vehicle than the Dodge and Chryslers I drove.

2.63 out of 5 stars

No attention to detail

Jkurth, 06/02/2002
LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Attention to detail has been sadly overlooked. I have had nothing but trouble with the elictrical system of this vehicle. I found the problems to be caused by the rear tail light assembly(s). They were not put together correctly at the factory and leaked water. Worse yet, I have had it in the Chevy dealer(s) multiple times for electrical problems. Each time I brought it in, they would charge me for repairs of the various electrical subsystems, but the problems would keep coming back. I found out the break lights were causing the problem getting a warning ticket. I took the breaks apart and found water and corrosion damage!

2.88 out of 5 stars

Low Mileage Transmission Failure

Janet, 08/12/2002
LS 4dr Ext Minivan

I recently purchased my 99 Chevy Venture after much research on the internet and after test driving many different manufacturers minivans. I have been very happy with this vehicle until my transmission abruptly broke. The vehicle only had 40,000 miles and I was advised that this was one of the top of the line transmissions built to last at least 100,000. The only findings were "mechanical breakdown". The repair shop advised that this was probably due to faulty workmanship when the car was put together.

12345...11