2019 Chevrolet Trax SUV Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2019 Chevrolet Trax SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Trax model:

O STARS! A real piece!
By Dani

2019 Chevrolet Trax SUV LS 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got this 2019 Chevy track from the dealer as a loaner. I could not adjust the steering it was too stiff. When I finally got home and was able to adjust it , it shut the entire care off! While it was running! It shut off the motor, the lights including running lights, the A/C, the fans, the entire car shut off completely while driving if that steering wheel lever was moved up or down. I called the dealer. They said the motor shuts off at a stop. I said it should not shut my lights and air conditioning off though. Nor should it shut the entire car at 60mph! This car is a death trap! I'm sure it's a recall issue but Chevy won't even acknowledge there is a problem! I would never by this car in a million years it is so unsafe! The seating reminds one of airplane style seating a small seat with a little arm rest that goes up and down.like on a plane. You'd have to be midget to fit in it. I'm 5'10" and 200lbs! I DONT fit !!! You take your life in your hands if you buy this little piece of junk for 17k$!

Fits me to a tee!
By Howard

2019 Chevrolet Trax SUV LT 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Sure, there are sharper, faster or more luxurious mini SUVs out there. But for its price, reliability, safety, economy, easy entry/exit and comfortable seating, the Trax fits me to a tee! My actual mixed mileage has been 35-37 consistently, over twenty months and 26,000 miles in all kinds of driving. Friends who ride with us in our Trax always compliment us on it, and ask questions about our satisfaction level. I tell them our satisfaction has been surprisingly high for its price. Our Chevrolet service manager tells me the Trax has been "bullet proof" in his experience, adding "I never see one in here for a repair." Okay, at the end of my review I'll admit to being an "old guy" of seventy, so maybe I'm less critical in the areas where the Trax isn't a star performer: performance, styling and ride comfort. But the other areas I've mentioned more than take up the slack. I highly recommend the Chevrolet Trax for anyone who values safety, reliability, maneuverability and low initial cost over radical styling, performance and luxurious appointments.

By Lee zenoniani

2019 Chevrolet Trax SUV Premier 4dr SUV (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had the car for two years and have found the perform to be excellent. This is not s high perform car but jump up to 60 with out any effort. My mpg has been great, 30 over all and 33 on trips. Yes there is some road nois but I didn't pay 30000 either.