Used 2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews - 351 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TrailBlazer model:

Until I bought this POS I was a GM guy for 50 year
By Dan Kennelly

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Piece of junk. Worst vehicle I have ever owned and I have owned over 50 including MG, Austin Healey and Jaguar. Poorly engineered in that air con line runs to back between frame and body which both flex causing leaks. GM's solution.....raise the body off the frame and put the replacement back in the same place. It seemed like there was a repair every few months. The gauge cluster went out. Dealer wanted an outrageous price. I took it out, had it fixed for about 1/3 the dealer quote. Final straw was frame rusting so badly the control arm mounts rusted through making it unsafe to drive. No problems with the engine or transmission but everything else was a cock-up.

Car saved my Mom's Life
By Barbara Wojdag

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Let me tell you something about this car, my parents had bought this car in April of 2003 brand-spanking-new and we had it in our family for close to 14 years, until just two days ago my mom was t-boned in a very serious accident. We had absolutely no problems with the car at all. Of course, maintenance wise - brakes, oil changes and new tires come with every car so that was its own cost. To have a car run to its highest potential, you need to take care of it. But other than that this car was perfect for road trips, camping and most importantly sailed though the high piles of snow or any kind of nasty weather that came periodically in Northern NJ in the winter. My mom loved this car more than anything and it hurt her to see it go the way the car did. A car came crashing into the driver side door, when my mom was behind the wheel and it pushed the car into a brick building, destroying it completely, my mom couldn't get out of the car cause her door was pushed in. Long story short, when I came to the scene of the accident, and I personally saw the damage...let me tell you, a person wouldn't have gotten out of any other car in one piece, let alone alive. I went to the police and responders on the scene and I shortly saw my mom, walking, talking and running around the car taking pictures, she was shaken and bruised up but honestly a-okay. She had just gotten a small cut on her finger. She was alive. The police and responders told me personally, that if it was NOT for this car and the way it took the impact and protected my mom...she wouldn't be here with us. I am absolutely thankful that this big, heavy, and much loved family car that was absolutely perfect for us and would have ran for another 10-15 years with no problem, did the job it was supposed to. We had some really great memories with this car, and this was the car I learned how to drive 5 years ago (I'm 21-going 22). You can always buy another car, but you can't buy the health and well-being of a human life. Especially the one of a mother. I and my brother need my mom. And you couldn't get a better SUV than this car was. If you have a chance, don't even think twice about buying a preowned TB. Just make sure it has a clean history and it was well loved like ours was. Thank you Chevy for making this car!!

The Best
By MICHELLINE ZEIGLER

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

This is a gr8 SUV...mines is an 03 fully loaded. I ve had no problems with it until now but its at 199,999miles. Most of the parts are still original. I will miss her.

281,000 miles and still going!
By Lisa J.

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer EXT LT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I used my TB EXT for first 6 years (unti 2009) as a work car doing sales all over SoCal. Did have to put in a factory rebuilt transmission at 240,000 mi. Other than that, biggest repairs were fan clutch and catalytic converter. A/C is still the best of any vehicle I've owned. Too bad Chevy doesn't make this model anymore.

Run from these unless.
By John

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The transmission on these things are terrible. It has been replaced about every 3-4 years since it was purchased new. The first one was replaced by the dealership and they didn't even warranty their work. 3,000 dollars and they said they didn't replace the pump and it caused it to burn up. That was their fault for not replacing the pump when they rebuild it.