Used 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews

Used Tahoe for Sale
Select your model:
12345...41

Pros
Cons

I LOVE MY TRUCK !!!

Redman, 02/22/2010
LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

A couple years ago I decided I wanted a Tahoe.When my wife and I go on weekend getaways, my mountaineer didn't seem to have enough room. Ive had many Chevy,Dodge and Plymouth vans but nothing to compare with my Tahoe!!! I have enough room,Its turning radius is great..No problems at all...

'03 Tahoe

Shirley D., 09/12/2008
LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

While not the most gas efficient, considering the size, I still get an average of 17 mpg. I love it, it's comfortable, reliable and safe. Outside of the general oil changes, tire rotations and one recent brake job and a/c repair, I have not had to do anything to it but drive and enjoy it. Recommend to anyone. Good quality vehicle. Bought used in '03 with 35,000 miles, I now have over 119,000 on it and it is still going strong, looks and runs like new! Hope to keep it a few more years!

Great reliability, Bad build qualty

R1der2002, 04/11/2010
LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Don't get me wrong i love my Tahoe it has not broken down on me yet but the interior squeaks a lot, the fit and finish of the materials is not that great either. Would I buy it again though, yes like I said it has not broken on me yet and actually for its size I get good MPG I get 17.6 city and 21.8 HWY. I do not know what is wrong with everyone else's Tahoe lol

Good SUV

bear63, 10/27/2012
LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought this a few months ago, 03 Z71, 138k miles. I love the vehicle but not impressed with mpg. Getting around 14-15 highway. I find it hard to believe people are getting 17-20 mpg. I would be ecstatic if I could get that. Just found out this morning have to have the wheel bearing replaced on the front passenger wheel. Also the heated seat (driver) is coming on by itself. Not sure whats up with that. Other than that, very comfortable, good ride, good handling, nice turn radius. It is a used vehicle so I dont expect it to be perfect.

Why I'll not own another U.S. SUV

F. X. McGrath, 11/27/2006
LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Too many mechanical problems after 60,000 miles. Replaced fuel pump, water pump, instrument cluster, (speedometer stopped working), replaced horn, engine gasket, steering problems. For a vehicle of this age and mileage these types of problems should not occur. I'll not own another Chevy. My next vehicle will be Japanese or German. U.S. auto makers need to make a more reliable vehicle if they want to compete.

12345...41